What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
Do what you're supposed to do and watch it as if ours never existed

How is that even possible? Do I have to delete a bit of my brain? Because I haven't got enough to take that sort of chance!

If I forget ours exists, the dialogue is still ropey, the acting's rotten and the guy playing Neil is the shittest thing on two legs. I'm not going to write it off yet though.

And ours isn't over-rated. It's excellent.

• Paid Members

Are they completely re-doing certain episodes? That's what I thought when I saw one of them carrying a car door. It might be hard to watch complete episodes being re-done, but something along the lines of The Office, you quickly stop making comparisons between the US and our version.

• Paid Members

What kind of ratings does MTV usually get in the US? The last episode of The Inbetweeners US got just over half a million viewers, which is down from just under a million viewers who watched the pilot. Those sounds like horrible ratings to me, heading for cancellation?

• Paid Members

MTV's Awkward was hitting 2M and got renewed whilst Death Valley was hitting under a 1M and didn't get picked up.

Skins US was hitting over a Million but didn't get picked up either. Wiki says that could be cause of the subjects covered.

I watched Inbetweeners US pilot other day and thought it was quite good. All the bad things being said about are true but you kind of look past it and it works for me.

If you already find him that way, then I'd suggest no. If you found him funny at the start then chances are, like me, you're growing increasingly annoyed at him.

I suppose it works, given the actual characters assumed he was a funny quirk at the start but are now realizing he's the worlds most annoying person.

• Paid Members
If you already find him that way, then I'd suggest no. If you found him funny at the start then chances are, like me, you're growing increasingly annoyed at him.

I suppose it works, given the actual characters assumed he was a funny quirk at the start but are now realizing he's the worlds most annoying person.

It's quite the shame as everyone else in the show is alright. But fucking hell, he should have been murdered by now.

I'm sure the characters have discussed it, on numerous episodes. In detail. There are times you feel empathy for Sheldon, but its too few and far between. More often than not you get the feeling he's being an insufferable twat on purpose, rather than by accident.

• Paid Members
You know what was dead dead dead dead dead dead shit? Shasta McNasty. Watching an episode of it on youtube now and can't believe I used to like this show when it was on Sky One.

I never watched it because Jake Busey's evil grin always used to scare the shit of me enough on the adverts for it, I didn't think I could endure it for a whole show. It looked absolutely awful, though.

• Paid Members

Regarding The Big Bang Theory, I think Sheldon is brilliant. A necessary evil, if you will. The episode which tells the story of how Sheldon joined the group is a fairly decent summary of the character. Although he does come across as a know-it-all, be it unintentionally or with an air of smugness, he is ultimately a good guy. Even though I've never had a problem with him, I have found him to be more of a likeable character than he was in earlier seasons. I'd definitely recommend giving a handful of episodes a try before deciding yay or nay.

• Paid Members
tiger_rick's a lovely chap, but he's dead wrong about The Inbetweeners US. It's great. Do what you're supposed to do and watch it as if ours never existed, and you'll probably enjoy it. The soundtracking and beeping things was initially a bit weird but quickly became unnoticeable.

Watched the second and third episodes and starting to agree with this. It was quite good. They're re-written but some of the context is different and they have added some funny stuff as well. The cast seem a bit more comfortable by episode three and Jay and Neil are far less shit. I did shake my head at

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Bus Turds

though. Holy shit is that bad.

Regarding Big Bang Theory, I liked the early episodes as Sheldon was much more a sardonic character, I found it was probably season 3 and then they let it go to shit. I liked the idea of Amy at her start too, but then they kinda ruined it by turning her into... god knows what, but tragically unfunny to say the least. Most of the female characters are shit too, I'm sure at some point a focus group came in and said 'Hey, we need to make this more appealing to women' and the result was shit.

Also, how can you like Leonard as a loveable loser character when all he does is fuck very sexy women?

Also, how can you like Leonard as a loveable loser character when all he does is fuck very sexy women?

It's incredible in a character who talks and dresses like a paedophile, isn't it?

After a couple of series in the 'just the right side of shit' category, I find The Big Bang Theory too excruciating to watch these days. It's one of those shows that's too popular for its own good, in that its outlived the limited shelf-life of its original gimmick - unlikely will they/won't they relationship between nerd and fit-but-thick girl - and overshot the boundaries of suspending disbelief by, as you say, turning the 'lovable loser' into an unlikely lothario. Even legitimately good shows like Frasier and Friends struggled to maintain the momentum when the nerdy camp bloke actually got what he wanted, so BBT had no chance of pulling it off. Penny started off the series apparently shagging a string of catalogue models, but somehow got to the point where she was desperate enough to shag not just one socially-retarded ugly dwarf, but two. It doesn't help either that all of the supporting cast are cunts as well. Like Bannatyne or the bloke who played Niles, I'm out.