What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members
On the subject of these shows, National Geographic and the History Channel have kind of lost their original purpose, haven't they?

Shows like Pawn Stars, American Restoration, American Pickers, Cash Cowboys and even Storage Wars to a smaller extent are all loosely based around the world of antiques and Americana, so that's the tie-in to the History theme. You can pick up a lot of knowledge from some of these shows to be fair.

The board is undoubtedly better for the lack of an X-Factor thread this year, but I've just seen my first bit of this year's series earlier tonight. Apparently they've decided the way to make up for last year's flop is to go in exactly the same direction and put through some cunt who's exactly the same person (down to the fucking leggings and shit singing voice) as Frankie Cocozza. Yeah, I've seen all I want to see of this series.

Edited by Magnum

Spent most of the weekend watching Sons of Anarchy. I'm up to about episode five of season two and loving it. I've liked Charlie Hunnam since he was getting bummed by Littlefinger Carcetti. Katey Sagal's great in it too. The only thing I haven't really liked was the cop woman, who was a cartoon "let's turn the cliche on its head" misstep. It's nice to have a good series with most of it still ahead of me, rather than experiencing it on the weekly grind.

• Moderators

Just finished watching the first (and only) season of Death Valley. I know everyone has been jumping all over the vampire/werewolf/zombie thing in recent years but I really liked this show. Gutted it didn't get renewed.

Funny and surprisingly well-written. Kinda like Super Troopers meets True Blood I guess, if I were to look for a lazy way to describe it with reference to other TV and film..?

Also it has Tania Raymonde in it, which is nice.

• Paid Members
Plus Brandy is a slightly chubby version of Jenna Fischer from The Office.

I don't know who the bird from the office is, but that Brandi tickles my tackle. I'm semi in love with her.

They had a one off programme about the people in Storage Wars in Las Vegas and when asked how they met Jarred said he was a manager at the place she worked. They were quite cagey about it so it sounded like a strippers bar or the like.

It has been reported that she used to work as a stripper in Orange county. It is 'rumoured' that pictures of her may be floating around the net if you look hard enough.