What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Is the rest of the season of New Girl actually getting shown over here? I kept looking but it seemed to have stopped.

Is the rest of the season of New Girl actually getting shown over here? I kept looking but it seemed to have stopped.

How far did they get with it over here? I saw it had been renewed for a second season but in the US the numbers dropped off quite a bit. I'm not surprised either - I loved it but they burned through a shitload of storylines for one season. Not a lot of patience shown.

How far did they get with it over here? I saw it had been renewed for a second season but in the US the numbers dropped off quite a bit. I'm not surprised either - I loved it but they burned through a shitload of storylines for one season. Not a lot of patience shown.
Eh but the quality also increased dramatically so I'm hoping it'll be like Happy Endings which started out OK and fairly plotty but they learned to focus on their strengths (dialogue and actors) and use plots as a rough skeleton on which to place many many jokes.

Eh but the quality also increased dramatically so I'm hoping it'll be like Happy Endings which started out OK and fairly plotty but they learned to focus on their strengths (dialogue and actors) and use plots as a rough skeleton on which to place many many jokes.
GAH! I HATED Happy Endings, I only watched one episode and it was definitely early on, it was just so shit, and one of the blonde ones seemed to be trying so hard to be an even more annoying neurotic version of Elliot from Scrubs. I probably should maybe give it a chance again...New Girl is great though, even if its not consistently funny it just breezes along nicely on Zooeys charm! Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Happy Endings is great but like organizedkaos said it does take until the end of Season 1 to kick in. The bad news is the character your referring to doesn't change that much from how you described her.

I fucking love lesbian drama Lip Service. Anybody else watch it, or do you only watch American stuff?

Watched the first series, it's This Life set in Scotland with more Lesbians, in a nutshell. Not watched any of the new series as yet.
You should. They're all on iplayer. I've only watched the second episode so far which was brilliant.

• Paid Members

Ignore my earlier enthusiastic post about the great penultimate Season 8 ep of The Office, because the finale was absolutely fucking crap.

As much as I hate to say it, it really was. Just didn't really round the season off for me. Will there be a season 9 or is it still up in the air what with NBC looking to shake up the schedule?

Thanks to Netflix i've finally got round to watching Twin Peaks for the first time since i was a kid, way ahead of it's time and i think it would end up doing much better if it came out now on a channel like HBO, It's close to TV perfection.

Ignore my earlier enthusiastic post about the great penultimate Season 8 ep of The Office, because the finale was absolutely fucking crap.

As much as I hate to say it, it really was. Just didn't really round the season off for me. Will there be a season 9 or is it still up in the air what with NBC looking to shake up the schedule?
office has got a season 9. its been confirmed. renewals also for parks and rec, up all night and whitneyHappy Endings gets a third season too . which is great. also E4 have somehow got an extra episode of it for next week which hasn't been shown in america Edited by iamtheman

S1 of Twin Peaks is absolute perfection. S2 is hit and miss but yeah, the finale is superb. No surprise that episode saw the return of David Lynch who'd left to make Wild at Heart during much of S2.

What did you think of the movie - Fire walk with me? Some fans complain that it contradicts the TV series, I find it very depressing and quite creepy. Rumours are that a shit load was cut out as well.

• Awards Moderator

As much as I hate to say it, it really was. Just didn't really round the season off for me.
Yep, agreed with you both. Just watched it now and I kept waiting for something to happen that wasn't painfully contrived. Then it ended. It's a shame, as the last 3 or 4 episodes were great and suggested a good end to the season. But it was shite.