UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Last I read, they wont put singles matches on him on their DVDs. They only feature him if its an Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series or something. Or even if he's mentioned in passing on a WCW DVD by a talking head. They wont promote him though. They cut out a lot of the commentary of the War Games 97 match when he was in the ring at the start because they were putting him over strong. If a new Jericho DVD comes out, you wont see a singles match of Benoit on there.

I'm very interested as to see what things are blacklisted for WWE DVDs. Benoit being put over obviously is one of them, as well as Rey Mysterio's unmasked phase in WCW due to kayfabe reasons, but is there anything else notable that is forbidden from release?

• Paid Members

I was watching the latest Vintage Collection and it has a match from 1992 between Savage and Flair for the WWF Title, but the commentary was by Gorilla Monsoon and Jim Ross, who didn't join WWF until 1993.

Was it just given a different commentary at some point with these two or am I missing something?

I was watching the latest Vintage Collection and it has a match from 1992 between Savage and Flair for the WWF Title, but the commentary was by Gorilla Monsoon and Jim Ross, who didn't join WWF until 1993.

Was it just given a different commentary at some point with these two or am I missing something?

As I understand, the Coliseum Video exclusive matches were recorded without commentary and the commentary was added often months later. I think they also used to redub the commentary on the matches from Madison Square Gardens shows which later found their way to video.

I was reading an old newsletter and it said that Austin flat out refused to drop the IC title to The Rock (presumably resulting in the angle of him chucking the belt in the river). What was going on? Was there heat between them at the time?

Yeah I like it just think it's a crazy stat, probably only Shawn had a theme as long. Think he used this when he was GI Bro
he soon went back to the other theme though.

You're forgetting this glorious time in his career.

• Paid Members

Booker also had a theme he rapped himself for a bit, possibly on that WWE Originals album. But it didn't last long. And it doesn't detract from the fact that there are people born four years after he started using that music who can legally have children.

Edited by Up Chuck

• Paid Members

That whole King Booker era is totally wiped from my mind for some reason, strange as I found it really enjoyable. I suppose Flair has the longest running theme by far with modified versions of his music. The best ones Shawn, HHH, Bret etc never really need changing that much. Saying that though I loved the theme HHH had before The Game the My Time one.

Edited by Maverick

I was reading an old newsletter and it said that Austin flat out refused to drop the IC title to The Rock (presumably resulting in the angle of him chucking the belt in the river). What was going on? Was there heat between them at the time?

Austin flat out refused to lose to pretty much anyone from mid-1997 to when he turned heel, as any top babyface can. He probably felt that losing a month before his big Royal Rumble win would damage his stock. And it probably would have. People that he had heat with or didn't rate on his level, he just refused to work a series with at all.

Austin flat out refused to lose to pretty much anyone from mid-1997 to when he turned heel, as any top babyface can. He probably felt that losing a month before his big Royal Rumble win would damage his stock. And it probably would have. People that he had heat with or didn't rate on his level, he just refused to work a series with at all.

Interesting, thanks.

• Paid Members

Rock was nowhere near the level he would be a few months later. Him and Faarooq were basically on the same level. Loss probably would have hurt Austin as he was getting pushed to the moon.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Last I read, they wont put singles matches on him on their DVDs. They only feature him if its an Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series or something. Or even if he's mentioned in passing on a WCW DVD by a talking head. They wont promote him though. They cut out a lot of the commentary of the War Games 97 match when he was in the ring at the start because they were putting him over strong. If a new Jericho DVD comes out, you wont see a singles match of Benoit on there.

I'm very interested as to see what things are blacklisted for WWE DVDs. Benoit being put over obviously is one of them, as well as Rey Mysterio's unmasked phase in WCW due to kayfabe reasons, but is there anything else notable that is forbidden from release?

I don't know about anyone else appearing on the DVDs. However, I do know that they don't put any commentary from Jesse Ventura after the lawsuit he won against WWE in 1987. This makes it annoying when watching WCW matches on WWE DVDs and they edit him out.