UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

A question for CZW fans, does AR Fox always land on the back of his own head when he does dropkicks? :rolleyes:

He looks really dreadful from that match. Just the worst. So blatantly trying to show off and get all his (flashy but ugly) shit in - yet he was supposed to be a rudo. It came as no surprise to learn he was a CZW guy. Looks very much like one to throw into the Evans/Hart category. I think i'd rather watch a Daga match, so hopefully that appearance was just a one-off.

Actually, first impressions are that most of these new AAA recruits are just rotten. I thought it would be pretty cool seeing a lot of new faces as they were all popping up on Fusion, but it turns out they're practically all just DTU backyarders, spot monkeys, and slice&dicers.

Were their any plans for this match to ever happen on TV?

Seems really odd how back in late 1991 WWE would book a heel vs heel match between The Mountie & Dino Bravo.

Speaking about this time frame apart from the WWE footage of Mountie winning the IC strap did anybody else release footage of this event? Only reason I ask is they had a Hogan/Roberts match on the card.

Come to think of it where did the Providence footage in 1986 come from between Hogan & Jake? I dont recall seeing it on any of the Superstars or Challenge sets. I heard they did a Snake Pit interview where Jake DDT'ed Hogan but not sure if footage actually exists of this.

Come to think of it where did the Providence footage in 1986 come from between Hogan & Jake? I dont recall seeing it on any of the Superstars or Challenge sets. I heard they did a Snake Pit interview where Jake DDT'ed Hogan but not sure if footage actually exists of this.

from the history of wwe board

In a bit of interesting info, on another board, there was a guy, who used to work for the WWE for a few years and had a hand in making the Jake Roberts DVD. Landy asked about the Jake DDT'ing Hogan on the Snake Pit footage, and the guy said he pulled the footage to use for the DVD, but ended up not being used in the final version, so we know it 100% exists.

Seems really odd how back in late 1991 WWE would book a heel vs heel match between The Mountie & Dino Bravo.

Speaking about this time frame apart from the WWE footage of Mountie winning the IC strap did anybody else release footage of this event? Only reason I ask is they had a Hogan/Roberts match on the card.

There were some strange things on some of those house shows at that time. The other night I was watching an old Coliseum tape (think it may have been Supertape 4) and it had Koko B.Ware vs Tito Santana on it which I thought was a really strange face vs face match.

• Moderators

Not really, it's in Montreal. WWF didn't follow their normal conventions and face/heel divides there when it came to Quebecois wrestlers. The Rougeaus, Dino Bravo and PCO were the WWF's biggest stars there, so they'd be booked there differently as to how they were on US TV.

Does anybody know anything about those obscure foreign Rampages the WWF put out in the early 90s?

I know they did one in Barcelona Spain in 1991, one in Germany in April 1992 and a Italian one in April 1993 or was it a french one that month?

I remember years ago reading a website that had info on all of them but as the language wasent English it was hard to work out the reports. Not a clue what site it was now.

Did they televise many in their regions?

Does anybody know anything about those obscure foreign Rampages the WWF put out in the early 90s?

I know they did one in Barcelona Spain in 1991, one in Germany in April 1992 and a Italian one in April 1993 or was it a french one that month?

I remember years ago reading a website that had info on all of them but as the language wasent English it was hard to work out the reports. Not a clue what site it was now.

I think you've got most of them, but in April 1993, they aired shows from Paris, Milan and Barcelona. The French show had the Sheffield crew, whilst Spain and Italy got the other half of the roster with matches like Hitman/Bam bam, Taker/Yoko, and Steiners/Money Inc.

I'm only aware of shows from the historyofwwe site thgough, and only know about what they list - so that might not be an exhaustive list.

• Moderators

Here's live footage of the one from Germany off Tele5

And I've seen British Bulldog vs Earthquake (TERREMOTO!) and Tito Santana vs Undertaker off TV from Spain in 1991 on youtube.

I've got both a French and Italian one from 1993. It would be great to see a box set of European Rampage TV matches. They're were some exclusive Italian and French ones from way back in 88 too.

• Paid Members

There's two main ones each year. The one in Leeds in March is for wrestlers only. The one in Kent (at Wayne Bridges' pub) in August (second Sunday I think) is open to anyone. I'm hoping/planning to go to the Kent one this year.

There's two main ones each year. The one in Leeds in March is for wrestlers only. The one in Kent (at Wayne Bridges' pub) in August (second Sunday I think) is open to anyone. I'm hoping/planning to go to the Kent one this year.

Thanks for taking time out to reply. Is there any info online about it? Am up in Newcastle, but would really like to attend once.