UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
It probably was the bolts, most companies have their etcher weld the bolts on to the plates and some companies can't do it for shit, unfortunately for yours it looks like that was the case and Andrew/Wildcats tried to repair it, lazily may I add. Sometimes if backing is applied badly the glue can over-run and get behind the plates but I have a gut feeling it was the first instance.

Yeah, as it was a gift for the Academy, I didn't find out for quite some time, and got in touch about having him help me repair it, but due to the amount of time passed he wouldn't have it. Fair enough, but it'd would of been nice. It has been since repair by a local welder who did a bang up job as well. It was a shame as looks wise it was fantastic, shame about the overall quality really.

I'm not sure about his other work, but i had seen the IPW:UK belt some some issues back when it was first made also. A picture from either FSM or Powerslam showed the backign falling off, so I've steered clear of him since.

All Star Belts' stuff looks good, but again carries a big price tag. I believe Championship Gold from Australia are back in business, and IIRC do some decent looking stuff for a half decent price as well.

• Paid Members
I seem to remember there was a thread on here at one point called "Great matches under 10 minutes" or something similar. Anyone know where its gone? Tried using search but couldn't find it.

Fairly sure it's gone. I did a search for "+goldberg +raven" and filtered by myself, because I definitely posted in it to give that particular match a bumming, and it didn't come up.

• Paid Members

I think his limited dates were only for house shows. He did almost all the PPVs and TVs. If Kurt Angle was fit, you'd have to think he was the obvious feud following the Rock. Putting Goldberg with Jericho was something I can't say I wanted to see. I know they had that thing from WCW that nobody cared about or remembered, but I remember Jericho screaming shit tag wrestler around that time. He reminded me of what I think of Christian today.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

When did the Goldberg-Jericho feud (or at leas the "whodunnit" story) start building up? Was it straight after Backlash? They might have wanted a two-month build-up to make the pay-per-view match seem important. At Judgment Day, all Jericho did was get thrown out the battle royal by Christian, so yeah, he definitely wasn't high priority main event at that stage. He was still Raw's top heel after Evolution though, so he fit the bill better than anyone else about. Disposable enough to feed to Goldberg but still a PPV name. If Angle was fit, surely he'd have been having rematches with Lesnar for the title, unless they always wanted to keep them for the summer anyway.

• Paid Members
When did the Goldberg-Jericho feud (or at leas the "whodunnit" story) start building up?

Around the same time as Judgment Day. Goldberg had just finished his mini-feud with Christian, then was a guest on the Highlight Reel where Jericho buried him. Backstage later that night (or the next week) was when the limo tried to run Goldberg over.

• Paid Members

See when Bret Hart arrived in WCW, was he legally able to tag up with his "Hart Foundation" pals who leaped to WCW with him? I vividly remembering reading that if Bret Hart tagged up with any of his pals, somebody was getting sued. Am I right? Cheers!

• Paid Members
See when Bret Hart arrived in WCW, was he legally able to tag up with his "Hart Foundation" pals who leaped to WCW with him? I vividly remembering reading that if Bret Hart tagged up with any of his pals, somebody was getting sued. Am I right? Cheers!

Hitman did not tag with Anvil and Davey once in WcW to the best of my recollection. I believe the pair picked their fight with Hennig & Rude on the heels of what they did to Bret at Uncensored, but there was no interaction between Bret and his brothers-in-law until (again, IIRC) Hart actually tagged with Luger on a Thunder against Bulldog and Anvil. I think Bret was still in his "pretending to be Sting's mate" period and helped Sting out by filling in for him as Luger's partner when Sting was laid out backstage. I'm guessing we later found out, by Bret.

This could all be coincidence, and Bischoff just didn't want to team an asset like Bret with men he regarded as having little value like Smithers and Anvil. Eric only hired Anvil as a favour to Bret anyway and Bulldog was off his tits.

Sable and Torrie in a wankathon.

Yes.

Edited by air_raid