UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
No problem at all, sorry it took me two times to get everything out.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you have made and who did you get to make them?

I had some titles made by the chap who did the DG:USA tag team belts, (Sorry the name of the company escapes me but I had a plain British singles , and British Tag belts made) for a project I was working on. They were sold off to PCW in the end, but I'm not sure if he's using them.......I wouldn't mind them back if he's not hah. I believe PCW had some pictures on their facebook if you're interested. The cost was very cheap, but you kinda of get what you pay for with that company. Not terrible by any means, but there are better looking belt makers out there.

I also had the Runcorn Wrestling Academy belt made by Wildcat belts, and whilst it looked amazing, the overall quality didn't last as it practically fell apart as soon as it arrived. After some private fixing, it is now in working order.

No problem at all, sorry it took me two times to get everything out.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you have made and who did you get to make them?

I had some titles made by the chap who did the DG:USA tag team belts, (Sorry the name of the company escapes me but I had a plain British singles , and British Tag belts made) for a project I was working on. They were sold off to PCW in the end, but I'm not sure if he's using them.......I wouldn't mind them back if he's not hah. I believe PCW had some pictures on their facebook if you're interested. The cost was very cheap, but you kinda of get what you pay for with that company. Not terrible by any means, but there are better looking belt makers out there.

I also had the Runcorn Wrestling Academy belt made by Wildcat belts, and whilst it looked amazing, the overall quality didn't last as it practically fell apart as soon as it arrived. After some private fixing, it is now in working order.

I can't remember the name of the business/person who makes the belts that PCW now own but he mainly operates on Ebay. The belts are made from a plastic proform resin and are very light compared to the weight of etched belt. For a limited budget company or someone who doesn't want to spend lots of money, the belts are fine. Certainly better than taping up a WWE/F belt with stickers.

Your RWA belt will have been one of Wildcats earlier belts, his quality has improved to a decent standard but his designs and leather still lets him down, I will say that he has marketed himself extremely well but I don't feel his prices justify the product he puts out. Unless the belt was handled roughly it shouldn't have broke in any circumstances. I'm assuming that it was the bolts that broke on the RWA belt?

Thanks for answering.

• Paid Members
I can't remember the name of the business/person who makes the belts that PCW now own but he mainly operates on Ebay. The belts are made from a plastic proform resin and are very light compared to the weight of etched belt. For a limited budget company or someone who doesn't want to spend lots of money, the belts are fine. Certainly better than taping up a WWE/F belt with stickers.

Your RWA belt will have been one of Wildcats earlier belts, his quality has improved to a decent standard but his designs and leather still lets him down, I will say that he has marketed himself extremely well but I don't feel his prices justify the product he puts out. Unless the belt was handled roughly it shouldn't have broke in any circumstances. I'm assuming that it was the bolts that broke on the RWA belt?

Thanks for answering.

Thats the guy, (the PCW one's anyway), he used to have a facebook account for his business, but was passed on via word of mouth from Gabe at DG:USA when i inquired about the belts

As for Wildcats, yeah it was something like that, I could see the bolts, but it looked like the main plate had been screwing, but then jsut glued onto the leather with really cheap glue. The second it arrived, one of the bolts popped off, and i was gutted, after shelling out his asking price (which at the time i thought was about right.)

It probably was the bolts, most companies have their etcher weld the bolts on to the plates and some companies can't do it for shit, unfortunately for yours it looks like that was the case and Andrew/Wildcats tried to repair it, lazily may I add. Sometimes if backing is applied badly the glue can over-run and get behind the plates but I have a gut feeling it was the first instance.

It probably was the bolts, most companies have their etcher weld the bolts on to the plates and some companies can't do it for shit, unfortunately for yours it looks like that was the case and Andrew/Wildcats tried to repair it, lazily may I add. Sometimes if backing is applied badly the glue can over-run and get behind the plates but I have a gut feeling it was the first instance.

I remember a chap called Eric Watts, was a relatively big name in TNA's early days. I'm assuming he is related to the Watts who booked WCW, but did he do anything of note before or after TNA?

I remember a chap called Eric Watts, was a relatively big name in TNA's early days. I'm assuming he is related to the Watts who booked WCW, but did he do anything of note before or after TNA?

Yeah, Bill Watts son. Off the top of my head he was in Techno Team 2000 in the WWF with Chad fortune in the mid 90s and he had a run late in WCW too I think, mostly on the B shows.

Didn't he throw a piss weak dropkick too? Someone will .gif that for you hopefully. I actually quite liked him as Director of Authority in TNA. Believable young cool face authority figure, very few of them come around.

His blowoff match with Don Callis was utterly dreadful, I remember that. Then he just disappeared, never to be heard of again.

• Moderators
Didn't he throw a piss weak dropkick too? Someone will .gif that for you hopefully. I actually quite liked him as Director of Authority in TNA. Believable young cool face authority figure, very few of them come around.

His blowoff match with Don Callis was utterly dreadful, I remember that. Then he just disappeared, never to be heard of again.

I seem to recall he took an overdose and went into the woods to die, but someone found him in time.

He was one of the most awkward looking wrestlers around. Really unathletic, unco-ordinated and not very good at all back in '92. Watching him team with Marcus Alexander Bagwell was hard going, probably as close as you could get to wrestling hell for WCW at that time

When he came back to WCW around '98-ish I thought he was much improved though. He looked the part (despite the huge baggy trousers), found a new arrogant streak, seemed a lot more natural in general, and done cool moves & shit. Didn't hang around long though.

• Paid Members

Paul Orndorff beat him to win the TV title left vacant by Scott Steiner heading "up north" too. Should never have gotten that close to gold. Also should never have been using the chokeslam in TNA, it's a monster's move, and he ain't one.