UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

They wrestled a non-finish on Nitro in early '98 and eventually had a short match at Great American Bash '98 immediately after they had been beaten by Hogan and Hitman. Savage was fucked and after being stopped by a Sharpshooter in the initial match, submitted to a Figure 4 from Pipes. Next night on Nitro the black and white fucked over his leg properly and he went off to rehab it.

nWo 4 Life:

nWo.jpg

Anyone know the reason why there is this big New World Order nostalgia fad in Japan at the moment? And could Scott Hall and Brutus get a payday?

Nash worked an All Japan show in September, teaming with Muta. Possibly that + the arrival of Norton (?)

• Paid Members

I'd fucking wet myself if Chono & Muto tagged up again one last time * for old times sake and banged heads with TenKoji. Wouldn't be the fastest paced match on any card, but it would be off the markout scale.

* Absolutely not the last time, clearly.

• Moderators

If they're going to team up one last time they should do it against a team that matters and from WCW or something and not waste it. I'd happy watch nWo Japan vs The Steiners or the Boogie Knights.

Muta should mist Sonny Onoo as well.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
If they're going to team up one last time they should do it against a team that matters

For a match promoted over there to draw a Japanese sell out house, 4-time and current IWGP tag team champions more than matter, especially given the history between all four.

I'd happy watch nWo Japan vs The Steiners

Yeah, that more than qualifies too. That would be a cracker for a Dome show.

• Paid Members

Very much so. Obviously the top three results were fairly predictable but some surprises underneath.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Managed to curse TenKoji there.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Hi! You all remember

right?

I remember reading that it was a Jim Johnston reworking of a theme from a movie. Do you guys know what film it was from and what was the name of the original theme? I read somewhere that it was from the film "Excalibur", but can't find anything sounding like the theme on there. Thanks a lot!

• Paid Members

It's Exodus (as in Theme From...) It's a very loose similarity though so I wouldn't, say, go and buy a TV Themes compilation cassette from WH Smith in 1993 to try to get Mr Perfect's music. That would be foolish. :angry:

Just on wwedvdnews.com and on a story about the attitude era dvd/bluray coming up they posted the following image and i cant remember for the life of me when it happened. unless it's a photoshop of something cos it looks odd

101012-attitude-pic.jpg

When's it from?

Edited by iamtheman

Do WWE announce teams carry on doing commentary during commercial breaks? I was watching the Greatest Superstars Of the 21st Century last week and it's got the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man match from Smackdown in full, with no breaks for commercials. I assume that match did have commercial breaks but at no point did a commentator go 'We've gotta go to a break' 'Welcome back to Smackdown' etc. Do they carry on commentating in case the match is chosen for a future DVD release?

Do WWE announce teams carry on doing commentary during commercial breaks? I was watching the Greatest Superstars Of the 21st Century last week and it's got the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man match from Smackdown in full, with no breaks for commercials. I assume that match did have commercial breaks but at no point did a commentator go 'We've gotta go to a break' 'Welcome back to Smackdown' etc. Do they carry on commentating in case the match is chosen for a future DVD release?

No. On the new CM Punk set there are a few ECW and RAW matches where the commentators say something about "We'll be back after the break" and the footage continues with WWE Home Video Exclusive caption in the bottom corner but no commentary for 2 minutes and then the commentators resume their commentary with the usual stuff they say after a commercial break.