UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Is Christian injured again?

I'm not following things too closely but I did read that are keeping him off TV so he has no momentum for the PPV TNA are allowed to use him on.

Right, thanks. I assume that will be Bound For Glory then.

Either that or he's resting his ankle injury as he's not particularly busy at the moment. Depends which websites you believe.

On a side note, Lex Luger will be on hand to do something at the TNA Hall of Fame. Good news.

Surely Lex Luger would make more sense when it comes to inducting Sting. Them being friends and all. I suppose they might be going for who's done stuff with him in TNA but really, Lex inducting Sting feels more right.

• Paid Members

One of Sting's first matches in TNA was against Lex Luger in a tag match. There's enough history there. Christian is just one of those "WWE are better than us, lets get the rub" things that they always seem to do. I'd have bargained for BG James and got him to induct Jeff Jarrett if I was TNA. I could do without seeing Christian. Christian inducting Sting is like Shatner inducting Lawler. Its not a very much to connect the pair other than the promotion wanting to look clever.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I dont know about 96 and 97 (I cant remember the WWF being very hot in 1996 over here at all, though), but with business so massive in 98 to early 2002 in the States, that generally means they don't need to do much touring outside of the US. And it might have been a case of not wanting to over saturate the market, what with WWF starting to run regular UK only PPVs. They might have thought big tours might have did their novelty of UK PPVs a bit of damage.

As far as the Mayhem in Manchester event, I think it was just postponed because they wanted a PPV later in the year or something like that. Its rare you had to pay for anything over here at the time.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I remember at least three accounts:

* they booked the date well in advance but decide the PPV wouldn't sell without the planned Davey Boy match

* they couldn't sort out a deal with Sky

* the One Night Only buyrate was lower than expected so they gave it a miss.

As for the house shows, although 98-01 was the massive boom, the US business actually picked up at the start of 96 so between that and breaking a lot of new international markets, they had less opportunity/need to come over here.

I remember something (Power Slam prob) saying it was about not being able to come to a deal with Sky.

Anyone go to MIM live?

I do recall they had two house shows scheduled (Sheffield and Newcastle I think) for around September 1998, but cancelled them both when they announced Capital Carnage.

I also remember when they did those QVC specials, some lad calling up so excited because he had a front row ticket for one of the shows and it was only a few weeks away, and he had no idea it had been cancelled, and the dreadful QVC guy had to tell him.

Edited by The Dart

Hope this isn't redundant but I caught a Fall Out Boy video yesterday (don't blame me, I'm sorry.) and there's a moment where the famous one, Pete something is pissing on a wall and a bouncer comes out.

My question is, is that Bob Holly? It looked like him to me.