UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Thanks for that.

After reading those results, it seems a bit odd they chose to have the Steiners, Bret Hart, Tatanka, Bigelow, Money Inc etc off the Sky broadcast of the show, padding it out with a load of shit instead. At least 1 tag team match would have been nice too.

Thanks for that.

After reading those results, it seems a bit odd they chose to have the Steiners, Bret Hart, Tatanka, Bigelow, Money Inc etc off the Sky broadcast of the show, padding it out with a load of shit instead. At least 1 tag team match would have been nice too.

The sheffield show was on the 11th raw taping was on 12th they were in angles and needed for RAW, uk market came second not that odd.

That tape stinks. Went to a wwf tour in 93 at Earls Court (HistoryofWWE doesn't have full results) Hogan v Yokozuna was the main event, Bigelow, Duggan, Tatanka, Bret Hart was not there and that's pretty much all I remember(nosebleed seats and bad memory). Anybody got results.

A lot of people state Anarchy Rulez 1999 as ECW's best ever PPV. It had there largest crowed and was a good card from top to bottom at the show.

However not knowing ECW that well when it was on I actually feel as an event on paper before the show the card wasn't spectacular.

In terms of build up - during the PPV era I guess Heatwave 1998 with Taz Vs Bam Bam, Guilty as Charged 1999 Douglas Vs Taz in a long awaited title match or even the first PPV Barley Legal have some right with the storylines or meaning of the show to argue the place of Anarchy Rulez 1999

EDIT: re read your question and definitely have to go with Anarchy Rulez

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members
Does ECW have a PPV that is widely regarded as their best like WWE has WrestleMania 17, for instance?

I don't think there's any one consensus choice, though Heatwave 98 is in with a shout in the PPV era. There's pretty much a main choice from every full year if you combine quality and importance:

93: Ultraclash (or the Bloodfeasts TV tapings)

94: Night the Line was Crossed

95: Hostile City Showdown

96: Matter of Respect

97: Barely Legal

98: Heatwave

99: Anarachy Rulz

00: 2nd night in Hammerstein Ballroom

• Paid Members
Thanks for that.

The sheffield show was on the 11th raw taping was on 12th they were in angles and needed for RAW, uk market came second not that odd.

That tape stinks. Went to a wwf tour in 93 at Earls Court (HistoryofWWE doesn't have full results) Hogan v Yokozuna was the main event, Bigelow, Duggan, Tatanka, Bret Hart was not there and that's pretty much all I remember(nosebleed seats and bad memory). Anybody got results.

I've only got the roster, but the order it's written out looks like it corresponds to the matches, so it would be Santana vs Predator (Horace Hogan), Brutus Beefcake vs Terry Taylor, Tatanka vs Bigelow, Steiners vs Headshrinkers, Owen Hart vs Papa Shango, Duggan vs Booger, Hogan vs Yokozuna. Main event was a DQ or countout win for Hogan, first half winners will almost certainly have been Predator/Beefcake/Tatanka/Steiner, and the other two could be either way.

Thanks for that.

I've only got the roster, but the order it's written out looks like it corresponds to the matches, so it would be Santana vs Predator (Horace Hogan), Brutus Beefcake vs Terry Taylor, Tatanka vs Bigelow, Steiners vs Headshrinkers, Owen Hart vs Papa Shango, Duggan vs Booger, Hogan vs Yokozuna. Main event was a DQ or countout win for Hogan, first half winners will almost certainly have been Predator/Beefcake/Tatanka/Steiner, and the other two could be either way.

Thanks Lister, thats sounds right, brought it back to me a little other than the Owen Hart/Papa Shango had no idea I'd seen them live. Remember reading about it in Powerslam that Horace was the predator and Luna wasn't with Bam Bam because she broke her wrist, pretty sure I don't have that issue anymore will have to check.

How come WWE's camcorders seemed to be odd in late 2004? Watching Taboo Tuesday, it's as though the frame rate is lower or something. It's just not as smooth. I remember they had this for a few months at least.

Maybe because they were using camcorders it looked odd.

How come WWE's camcorders seemed to be odd in late 2004? Watching Taboo Tuesday, it's as though the frame rate is lower or something. It's just not as smooth. I remember they had this for a few months at least.

Maybe because they were using camcorders it looked odd.

They were laughing all the way to the bank when Beadle gave them