UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Survivor Series 2001 and Vengeance 2001 springs to mind. He also lost the Royal Rumble 2002 and No Way Out 2002, and was penned in to lose WrestleMania X8 against Scott Hall until he refused. He also lost Backlash 2002. He wasn't winning many PPV's during that period.

In his prime he lost Over The Edge 99 to the Undertaker and King of the Ring 99 against the McMahons. He also lost the Final Four 97 and WrestleMania 13. SummerSlam 99 and No Mercy 99.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Paid Members

Depends what you call clean really. Mankind beat him with a double arm DDT at SummerSlam 99, but Austin had a bad knee going into it. And Austin lost to Triple H at No Way Out 2001. He got twatted with a sledgehammer, but most considered that fair game, because they both suffered a load of damage and Triple H outlasted him in the hard case ranks. Undertaker and Kane beat him with a double chokeslam at Breakdown 98, but they were double teaming him for most of the match. That was still a shock at the time, though.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

I think he lost to Undertaker relatively clean at IYH:Cold Day In Hell. Can't think of him ever losing without shenanigans between then and Mania 17.

Didn't he get distarcted by someone, might have been Jerry Lawler, ringing the ring bell during the CDiH match?

• Paid Members

Yeah, depends on your definition of clean. Some would argue Cold Day In Hell wasn't clean since Austin was distracted by an outside influence at a pretty pivotal moment in the match. Some would argue losing to Hunter at No Way Out was clean because it was one on one and within the rules of the fall, i.e. the weapons both were using were legal. Plus the aforementioned three way at SummerSlam '99 - if all three are legal men in the ring then surely that's clean too?

One thing I think is reasonably clear, the gap between Austin losing straight up in a one on one match with no shenanigans or weapons spans between Survivors 96 and his loss to Kurt Angle at Unforgiven 2001, which is pretty good going. Although now that I think about it.... that should have been a rope break.

Can someone explain to me the distinction between UFC on FX/Fox/Fuel TV and PPVs? Are the TV cards for lower-quality bills, are they used as pre-shows for PPVs or are they of a similar stature to please Fox? The reason I ask is that I caught part of the undercard of Dos Santos vs. Mir on ESPN, which was billed as UFC on FX, but someone on this board said that ESPN don't show UFC on FX cards and I also saw that Dos Santos vs. Mir was promoted as a PPV. Also, there was mentions of other pre-shows online like UFC.com and Facebook, anyone care to explain that?

Also, do UFC have a weekly show of any sorts? Not necessarily weekly fights, but anything. Build up, interviews, general news banter? Is there any programme they produce that covers these sorts of things?

I'm sure i could look this up and get a quicker answer but the answers on here are normally more informative.

Was X-Pac ever IC champ? I dont think he was but also if he wasnt IC champ was he ever in a feud involving the IC title because i cant ever remember him feuding with any IC champ.

I'm sure i could look this up and get a quicker answer but the answers on here are normally more informative.

Was X-Pac ever IC champ? I dont think he was but also if he wasnt IC champ was he ever in a feud involving the IC title because i cant ever remember him feuding with any IC champ.

Not a feud as such but he was in the IC title tournamnt on Raw in 1998

• Paid Members

Didn't he have a really good cage match with Jericho while he was IC champ? I have vague memories of it...

• Paid Members
Has there ever been a 2 out of 3 falls match in a main American federation (WWF/WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, AWA, TNA) where someone has beaten their opponent 2-0? I know I've never seen one, but has it happened?

There was a Benoit/Angle one on a UK PPV. that's the most obvious example.