UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

For about two weeks WWE gave the refs that power, but never have they had it before to the best of my knowledge. Famous proof of this is when Earl Hebner forgets the finish to the No Way Out 2001 main event between Rock and Angle and pulls his hand away and they have to redo the finish.

One occassion happened the night Rick Steiner beat the living shit out of Konnan. Konnan was supposed to win on a DQ, but Rick Steiner pinned him after Shane Douglas' interference and the ref counted the pin fall.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

WWE Womens title change on a house show a few years back in Paris that they had to change back in an impromptu match later in the night. Forget who the participants were. It doesnt matter. If you think it matters, you deserve AIDS.

^ Yeah, I remember that happening. I think it was in an issue of Power Slam where I read about the referees ruling matches that way. Obviously on a live airing such as Raw or PPV's all of the wrestlers' theme musics and on-screen graphics will have been set up prior to the shows going ahead hence why I was wondering how they went around it. As I imagine though, it's probably never happened. Cheers anyway though Ian.

I wrote that before I saw your reply, Raid. I did read something about that but I can't remember who was involved either. I'm not so curious that I'll be getting a dose of AIDs anytime soon, though.

Edited by A Screen Up

Men on a Mission vs The Quebecers on a Euro tour was one of those, wasn't it? Mabel squished Jacques or something.

That's the story I heard. I was at that show as a kid.

Didn't the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania years back end with Bob Holly winning by mistake?

• Paid Members
Didn't the Hardcore Battle Royal at Wrestlemania years back end with Bob Holly winning by mistake?

Yes. Crash was meant to kick out and retain. He didnt raise a shoulder. The ref didnt actually count the three either. It looked really fishy. They gave the match to Hardcore, Crash won it back the night after.

As for Womens title in Paris debacle, IF YOU REALLY MUST KN-OW, know that by clicking below, you deserve AIDS, and will get no sympathy from the rest of us if you declare* that you have AIDS at any time in the future.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It was 24/04/07.

Mickie James pinned Victoria in a triple threat match to win Melina's title when Vic didnt get her shoulder up in time. James and Melina wrestled one on one later, and Melina got the belt back.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

* In Off Topic, I sincerely hope.

Edited by air_raid

I'm re-watching every single wrestlemania each week until next years (Very geeky i know) so far i'm up to WM 12 this week, but my question is this.

After only just discovering the bloke from prior Manias, What the hell happened to Todd Pettengill? He was awesome!

He was, wasn't he? He would have been perfect for the PG era of the WWE too, although that may be coming to an end now. His enthusiasm was infectious and he was always involved in some ridiculous but hilarious pre-PPV shenanigans.

Ian is probably mates with him on Twitter...?

• Moderators
Which TNA wrestler is referred to as 'Football Boy' on here? Is it AJ? And why?

Jesse Sorenson, because his whole gimmick is that he used to play High School football and so carries a pigskin around to that effect.