UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

My auntie wants me to order a few things off the American WWE Shopzone site; how long does it usually take and how much can you order before paying some kind of import tax? And is there anything else I need to know?

There are no firm answers -- listening to the guy who ordered last week is probably the best bet, as WWEShop changes their delivery methods, times and charges all the time. There was stuff I ordered in 2008 that was delivered within a week.

I haven't ordered anything from them in six months or so, and whenever I ordered anything in 2010-2011, it's taken a week for them to even process the order (by which point, any sale items I ordered had sold out and I got fucked over on shipping charges because only one item in the order was sent but they still charged shipping for six items), then anything between 10 and 30 more days for delivery... Longer in some cases. There have been times I've had to open Paypal disputes because the 45 day deadline to do so was approaching and the order still hadn't arrived. Stuff I ordered around this time last year didn't arrive until early January, I think. But that was down to Christmas postal mayhem, and by all accounts they've sped up the international order processing now and are using faster delivery methods. But this can change at any point, and frequently does.

As for customs charges, that's fairly random as well. General rule of thumb is as long as the order is under

How well of do you think the Warrior is? He'd have made a fair few bob but its been well over a decade since he worked regularly, and his run in WCW was mercifully short.

I guess it depends on how well he invested his cash. I have a feeling he is actually quite well off but does his hawking around of crap because of his ego. Then again he may have gone 'Burt Reynolds' crazy and spent millions on silly things. It actually surprises me when wrestlers say that they don't have money - it may not be the best paid game in the world but it's a darn lot better than most 9 to 5 jobs. I remember in Dynamites book when he says that at one point (I think 88 after leaving the WWF) that he had all his properties etc. paid off and he could've retired.

• Paid Members
How well of do you think the Warrior is? He'd have made a fair few bob but its been well over a decade since he worked regularly, and his run in WCW was mercifully short.

I guess it depends on how well he invested his cash. I have a feeling he is actually quite well off but does his hawking around of crap because of his ego. Then again he may have gone 'Burt Reynolds' crazy and spent millions on silly things. It actually surprises me when wrestlers say that they don't have money - it may not be the best paid game in the world but it's a darn lot better than most 9 to 5 jobs. I remember in Dynamites book when he says that at one point (I think 88 after leaving the WWF) that he had all his properties etc. paid off and he could've retired.

If i remember rightly he said on paper he was a millionaire for a short period of time, but gave up his propertys when he left his ex wife.

From what i've heard most wrestlers thought the money would never run out so bought huge mansions and stupid expenses cars that had them putting down large payments on stuff, so when the money did run out......they had non. The smarter guys either didnt buy bomb loads of stuff, or just lived on the minimum until they retired. Alex Wright for example mentioned he lived a flat, and drove a cheap car, so when he went home to open a wrestling school........he had money up to the 9's!

My auntie wants me to order a few things off the American WWE Shopzone site; how long does it usually take and how much can you order before paying some kind of import tax? And is there anything else I need to know?

There are no firm answers -- listening to the guy who ordered last week is probably the best bet, as WWEShop changes their delivery methods, times and charges all the time. There was stuff I ordered in 2008 that was delivered within a week.

I haven't ordered anything from them in six months or so, and whenever I ordered anything in 2010-2011, it's taken a week for them to even process the order (by which point, any sale items I ordered had sold out and I got fucked over on shipping charges because only one item in the order was sent but they still charged shipping for six items), then anything between 10 and 30 more days for delivery... Longer in some cases. There have been times I've had to open Paypal disputes because the 45 day deadline to do so was approaching and the order still hadn't arrived. Stuff I ordered around this time last year didn't arrive until early January, I think. But that was down to Christmas postal mayhem, and by all accounts they've sped up the international order processing now and are using faster delivery methods. But this can change at any point, and frequently does.

As for customs charges, that's fairly random as well. General rule of thumb is as long as the order is under

• Paid Members
Is Samoa Joe really Samoan, or it all a gimmick like Roddy Piper, Yokozuna, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella etc not really being the nationality they were/are billed from?

Just to let you know, Kofi really is from Ghana as billed.

Personally I like to let Yoko off too - he was announced as from "The Polynesian Islands" (which includes Samoa) and as you probably know is related to the Wild Samoans, the Headshrinkers, Three Minute Warning, The Rock and all that lot. Yes, he was born in San Fran, but to me Yokozuna was as American as Kane is Spanish.

• Paid Members
Is Samoa Joe really Samoan, or it all a gimmick like Roddy Piper, Yokozuna, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella etc not really being the nationality they were/are billed from?

Just to let you know, Kofi really is from Ghana as billed.

Yeah but he used to be billed as from Jamaica, which I think is what he's getting at.

If i remember rightly he said on paper he was a millionaire for a short period of time, but gave up his propertys when he left his ex wife.

From what i've heard most wrestlers thought the money would never run out so bought huge mansions and stupid expenses cars that had them putting down large payments on stuff, so when the money did run out......they had non. The smarter guys either didnt buy bomb loads of stuff, or just lived on the minimum until they retired. Alex Wright for example mentioned he lived a flat, and drove a cheap car, so when he went home to open a wrestling school........he had money up to the 9's!

The same could be said, on a much worse scale, for boxers. No wrestler ever would have made as much as top line boxers, but many of them end up in the gutter/not far from it.

The thing with Warrior is I was under the impression he would still be pretty loaded, but who knows if he could have maintained the wealth he had upto the mid 90s. I dont understand all these guys who blew their money like Dynamite, it would be soul destroying to go from being a beloved star across ythe world with millions in the bank, to living on a council estate in Manchester.

Yes, he was born in San Fran, but to me Yokozuna was as American as Kane is Spanish.

That's a bit mental, surely. He might have had that American disease where they pretend to be from their granddad's homeland instead of America ("I'm Dutch/Italian/Norwegian" etc) -- which some English people have as well, I went to school with a million pretend Irishmen -- but he was American really, wasn't he? He wasn't just born there and then moved to Samoa or some shite as a kid?

Edited by King Pitcos