UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

How did they get the ring to collapse on Sunday night? I know they took the support away on one side but is there any more to it?

So nobody knows then!?

Also, was the first ever babyface to babyface WWE Championship title change Bret dropping the belt to Shawn?

I would say the ring was "rigged", and to be honest thats about as much as i could tell you. It depends on the build of the WWE ring, as normally you have have support Iron bars around the outside that attach to the ring posts. Possibley a switch on the straps underneith the ring?

So not a full answer, other than it would of been "Rigged up".

d81177e4f360ac080a3044af70c2ce087c2cb31a_full.jpg

Edited by EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members
Both of those would of been rigged as well mate.

Rings can just flat out collapse, but it'd be more sudden than that but again it depends on the ring.

Oh yeah, I realise that. Same as the other instances (Foley from through the cage etc). I was just wondering if that would be any closer to a legitimate ring break than the corner posts imploding.

Of the rings i've personally seen collapse (at british shows anway) it tends to be more that it litterally just falls to one side, rather than a ring post exploding off in one corner.

Funny you should mention the foley one, as i might be wrong but wasnt one of his through the top of the cell spots non-rigged, as in the cell just broke and he fell through? Might be wrong on that one though!

It was certainly the first massive PPV main event or World title match I can think of between faces in the WWF, but there are also the following televised examples or face vs face that pre-date it, if you're interested :

Ricky Steamboat vs Davey Boy Smith (The Wrestling Classic)

Hart Foundation vs The Rockers (September 11th 1989 edition of Prime Time)

Ric Flair vs Sting (Starrcade '89)

Road Warriors vs Steiners (Starrcade '89)

And I'll deffo check those out! it doenst mean alot now, but i found older matches (before the "We all know its 'Sports Entertainment' era") with a face/face match are really good to watch!

Its not as old school, but DDP/Goldberg and Goldberg/Sting (from the nitro before the previos match) are just amazing for that atmosphere also!

• Paid Members
How many times has the IC Champ had a shot at the WWE Title? I can only name

Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan

Kane vs HHH

Are there any more times when that has happened?

I know Jeff Hardy Was Ic champ when he faced Orton At royal rumble a few years back. I'm sure there has been a fair few when the challenger was IC champ, although those other matches where for BOTH titles.

How many times has the IC Champ had a shot at the WWE Title? I can only name

Ultimate Warrior vs Hulk Hogan

Kane vs HHH

Are there any more times when that has happened?

I know Jeff Hardy Was Ic champ when he faced Orton At royal rumble a few years back. I'm sure there has been a fair few when the challenger was IC champ, although those other matches where for BOTH titles.

Micheals vs Hart - Survivor Series '92

• Paid Members
How many times has the IC Champ had a shot at the WWE Title?

Macho Man as Intercontinental Champion had many shots at the Hulkster.

The Ultimate Challenge, as you mentioned.

Mr Perfect had shots at Ultimate Warrior, one of which was on a Coliseum tape.

Bit tenuous, but new Intercontinental champ Roddy Piper was in the Rumble in 1992 which was for the WWF title.

Newly crowned Shawn Michaels shot at Bret at Survivors 1992, well remembered The Reverend, one of my favourite matches.

Diesel challenging Bret Hart at King of the Ring 94 as Handsome Butch mentioned.

Jeff Jarrett had shots at Diesel when he was on top, one of which I think aired on Raw.

Goldust challenged Bret on house shows in the run up to 'Mania 12.

Benoit had a few shots at The Rock between Vengeance and SummerSlam 2002.

Hunter unifying the IC title with the Big Gold Belt against Kane, as you remember.

Jeff Hardy challenging Randy Orton at Royal Rumble 2008 as mentioned by Bowyo T.

There may be more.

Edited by air_raid