UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Here's something that's been bugging me for a while. I can't remember how Greg Valentine turned face in late 90/91. Going from PPVs he was teaming with Honky at Survivors 90, still doing the Elvis schtick, Honk left shortly after that and then at Rumble 91, Greg's back to his old look having a face altercation with former manager Jimmy Hart. Anyone remember how the turn came about, or was the Rumble bit his turn?

• Moderators
Here's something that's been bugging me for a while. I can't remember how Greg Valentine turned face in late 90/91. Going from PPVs he was teaming with Honky at Survivors 90, still doing the Elvis schtick, Honk left shortly after that and then at Rumble 91, Greg's back to his old look having a face altercation with former manager Jimmy Hart. Anyone remember how the turn came about, or was the Rumble bit his turn?

Was there any heat on the WWF after the whole snake biting Randy Savage episode in 1991 from the TV networks? I can't imagine it would have gone down well these days.

Any chance to post the snake bite again. NSFW probably and the quality ain't the best.

I don't re-call too much stick over it at the time as most the WWF still had the image of being a real life cartoon with all the crazy characters they had. At the time I think they were still wound up about the Slaughter / Iraq thing and IIRC the first wave of the steroid / sex allegations were just coming out which took a lot of heat.

I do remember PWI running an article saying something like 'First The Mountie's shockstick and now Jake's Cobra - has Wrestling gone too far' Oh if only they knew what was to come!

Ah, thanks mister.

Is it just me or have TNA removed a load of the matches from their Classic Matches channel or whatever it was called on YouTube?

There was a ton of awesome stuff in high quality on there before and the majority of the matches were getting a lot of views. I'll be gutted if they're gone for good, it was such a varied collection of old TNA footage.

Edited by Super Cena

• Paid Members

Has anyone got a video of WCW jobber Roadblock doing his finisher?. The rope-assisted backflip thing. I can't find it anywhere but me and a mate are dying to see it in action.

Is it just me or have TNA removed a load of the matches from their Classic Matches channel or whatever it was called on YouTube?

There was a ton of awesome stuff in high quality on there before and the majority of the matches were getting a lot of views. I'll be gutted if they're gone for good, it was such a varied collection of old TNA footage.

Is this what you're on about? http://www.youtube.com/show?p=KO9tnQbw8JU

I'm not sure how many matches have been on there, and they may have taken a couple of them down recently. There's still some great matches on there...I think I might watch Angle/Nagata.

I'm not sure how many matches have been on there, and they may have taken a couple of them down recently. There's still some great matches on there...I think I might watch Angle/Nagata.

Yeah that's the one. I still need to get round to watching Angle/Nagata all the through actually so I'm pleased that's still on there.

So there's definitely been a fair few taken down, most notably all of the Samoa Joe matches that were on there. There were definitely the following Joe matches on there that I remember:

vs. Sabu, Lockdown '05

vs. AJ Styles, Turning Point '05 + Sacrifice '05

vs. Kurt Angle, Genesis '06 + Lockdown ('07?)

Yeah that's the one. I still need to get round to watching Angle/Nagata all the through actually so I'm pleased that's still on there.

So there's definitely been a fair few taken down, most notably all of the Samoa Joe matches that were on there. There were definitely the following Joe matches on there that I remember:

vs. Sabu, Lockdown '05

vs. AJ Styles, Turning Point '05 + Sacrifice '05

vs. Kurt Angle, Genesis '06 + Lockdown ('07?)

Now that I look at it, you're absolutely right. There's quite a few matches that have disappeared from the channel. They've even taken down the Unbreakable 3 way with Joe/Styles/Daniels. Other stuff I've noticed includes the King of the Mountain matches. That's a bit disappointing really...hope they've done it for a reason.