UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
When did WWE start demanding exclusivity of their wrestlers? I remember in Mick Foley's first book he mentioned they were allowed to book indie dates on their days off, I think he got injured on one just before a big WWF match (possibly the Mind Games match with Michaels).

Sorry to answer a question with a question but did they take genuine indy dates, as in booked themselves? I can only remember hearing of guys working for companies who were somehow affiliated, either as a development league or a company like USWA which Lawler ran.

Simiular to the second to last post made, around 2005 didn't TNA ban their guys from doing indie dates? Becuase I swear the MCMG does ROH sometimes? :confused:

They didn't ban indie dates completely, just insisted their guys didn't work for ROH anymore after Rob Feinstein got rumbled trying to fuck people your age. They're much looser with it these days based on RF apparently having no affiliation.

• Paid Members
When did WWE start demanding exclusivity of their wrestlers? I remember in Mick Foley's first book he mentioned they were allowed to book indie dates on their days off, I think he got injured on one just before a big WWF match (possibly the Mind Games match with Michaels).

Sorry to answer a question with a question but did they take genuine indy dates, as in booked themselves? I can only remember hearing of guys working for companies who were somehow affiliated, either as a development league or a company like USWA which Lawler ran.

Didn't Foley wrestle for FMW when we was under contract to WWF in 1996?

Simiular to the second to last post made, around 2005 didn't TNA ban their guys from doing indie dates? Becuase I swear the MCMG does ROH sometimes? :confused:

They didn't ban indie dates completely, just insisted their guys didn't work for ROH anymore after Rob Feinstein got rumbled trying to fuck people your age. They're much looser with it these days based on RF apparently having no affiliation.

They banned there performers back in 2004 for the RF issue. That's when Punk chose ROH. In 2007 when ROH got PPV TNA banned there performers. Homicide, Daniels, MCMG & Joe were banned from ROH due to not wanting there people on someone else PPV, they finished by May 2007. On the flip side, Daniels wasn't doing alot after dropping the tag titles. Joe had done everything in ROH. Shelley hadn't been in ROH probadly for over a year, Sabin longer. And Homicide was really getting a good push in TNA at the time am made sense for him to stick with them. But that didn't stop him giving a farewell speak at ROH first PPV. 2006 in ROH as much as people say it was Dragons year I argue that Homicde had just as good as a year girding with Cabana, CZW, Cornette, Briscoes and Danielson. The crowd heat when Sinclair (I think he ref) rang the bell at Destiny? For Stoppage in the Danielson title match. Oh and Cides entrance to Cage Of Death....

Wow ROH was hot in '06....

Edited by Boon Town Rat

Didn't Foley wrestle for FMW when we was under contract to WWF in 1996?

I've seen footage of Shawn Michaels refereeing one of their matches wearing his "smuggling bananas" shorts, so one would assume they had a working relationship at one point.

I found the bit that I was thinking of:

In World Wrestling Entertainment, we are often allowed to do third-party bookings, which means, basically, that we are allowed to work on our own time for other promoters. In the past year, that has usually meant signing autographs at memorabilia shops, malls, department stores and car lots. But until promoters learned that wrestlers were nicer, cheaper, and more popular than "real" athletes, third-party bookings usually consisted of wrestling at small venues for large payoffs.

I had four days off before my showdown with Austin. Resting up would have probably been the wisest thing, but I just had trouble turning down ten weeks' worth of "Memphis Payoffs" for one night in a sweaty high school gym. Hey, it might not have been glamorous, but at least it was profitable. So instead of concentrating on my big match and resting up for a cardio machine like Stone Cold, I wrestled in four shows in three days in the boonies of Ohio, then drove 500 miles to Milwaukee.

• Paid Members

Not totally a wrestling question but I'm sure someone here will know...

Me and the missus got some sweet tickets for Survivor Series this year in Miami. As part of the deal we get to keep the gimmicked up folding chair. Now how easy is it to get one of these home and what the best way to do it?

• Paid Members

Wrap it in lots of bin bags/brown tape and put it in checked luggage.

EDIT: two together is a pain in the *** to carry around an airport, but at least it's wrapped pretty well. I also put my initials in brown tape on the outside to make it easier to pick out.

Edited by gadge

• Paid Members
Another question from me: Am I imagining it, or does the Undertaker use the downward spiral/mic check/whatever sometimes?

You're not imagining it. He certainly has in the past, a variation of it anyway (called The Complete Shot or something i think) which is more like Shelton Benjamins 'Pay Dirt' (again, i think that was it's name) only without the leaping.

Don't think he's used it for years though.

Wrap it in lots of bin bags/brown tape and put it in checked luggage.

EDIT: two together is a pain in the *** to carry around an airport, but at least it's wrapped pretty well. I also put my initials in brown tape on the outside to make it easier to pick out.

Take a couple of cardboard boxes for some extra protection when the throwers are tossing your luggage around.