UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
They didn't. He just appeared for his match later on (against Hogan) and won the title. Halloween Havoc 95, perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_Havoc#1995

Yeah, they hyped up the battle of the monster trucks all night, Giant fell off the roof and Hennan went mental for "more information".

One match latter Giant entered for his match latter on with no sign of injury at all, and no explanation was given for it all.

Just been watching Shimmer vol. 27 and was wondering if anyone knows the name of Cheerleader Melissa's entrance music? Cheers.

#1 Der Woman by Tricky.

Excellent stuff, thank you. Just googling it, I was hoping that this wasn't going to be on Maxinquaye the only Tricky album I own as I would have felt a bit of a tit asking the question, fortunately not. Appreciated sir.

They didn't. He just appeared for his match later on (against Hogan) and won the title. Halloween Havoc 95, perhaps?

Just watched that video and a clip of the match. I never watched any WCW in 1995, I had no idea Hogan had a spell without the Fu Manchu beard. And why was he wrestling the title match in early-90s wrestler street gear?

• Paid Members

Just watched that video and a clip of the match. I never watched any WCW in 1995, I had no idea Hogan had a spell without the Fu Manchu beard. And why was he wrestling the title match in early-90s wrestler street gear?

Hogan was doing a "dont trust anybody apart from Jimmy Hart" storyline at the time (until Jimmy Hart turned on him of course), and after all of the Dungeon of Doom jumped him and shaved his tash off, he started dressing all in black and making comments about to "what men in black gloves can do" (a reference to OJ killing his wife believe it or not).

Hogan used to shave the tash off a few times, even in the nWo when he came out with a full-on black beard, which looked like he'd painted it on. He did this to because such classic films like the Secret Agent Club and Assault on Devils Island demanded a tashless Hogan.

Sometimes it really did look fake so that begs the question, was Hogan's black beard real or was it painted on? Look at this clip

Also that bit with Sting at the end looks like it could easily have gone wrong. He was quick to hook that harness and the way they yanked him right out the ring he's lucky it was secure.

Edited by crazyshady

• Paid Members
Sometimes it really did look fake so that begs the question, was Hogan's black beard real or was it painted on?

It's real. I remember just before the nWo's debut, they did some promo shots straight after they told Hall, Nash and Hogan that they were bringing back the nWo gimmick. Hogan's beard is sneeking through, but it's barely grown out:

wwf_april_2002_nwo.jpg

This looks painted on though:

EDIT: It's the same clip you posted

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

I could be totally making this up, but I'm almost certain I remember reading from someone "in the know", or from a shoot interview, that they were going to have a fish sticking out of his singlet, to imply that he survived by falling into nearby water. Sounds obviously completely absurd, but then the majority of Hogan's 94-nWo stuff was beyond even wrestling levels of social retardation, so I could never 100% rule it out.

Where is there a list that shows every single unrecognised WWF and WCW title changes?

By the way why does WWE blantatly refuse to acknowledge Flairs world title win at Uncensored 1999? I mean considering he held the belt for a month untill dropping it at the next PPV kinda seems a bit silly.

Where is there a list that shows every single unrecognised WWF and WCW title changes?

By the way why does WWE blantatly refuse to acknowledge Flairs world title win at Uncensored 1999? I mean considering he held the belt for a month untill dropping it at the next PPV kinda seems a bit silly.

I didn't know WWE don't recognise Flair's title win in the (very good) main event at Uncensored '99. Actually, it's weird that for years now Flair has always been referred to as a 16-time World Champion when, if you count all the brief switches and unrecognised stints he had in the '80s, it must top 20.

The wrestling business is MEANT to over-exaggerate stuff, not play it down. Reminds me of the story I read in The Death Of WCW where Tony Schiavone said there were LESS fans in attendance at the Georgia Dome than what there legitimately was. Baffling.

• Paid Members

Not including unrecognized reigns, WcW never acknowledged Flair's WWF title reigns (as you might expect) so the amount of title reigns they announced on tv were just NWA and WcW - that number peaked at 16 before WcW finished.

So.... including the two WWF titles, WWE should surely refer to Flair as an 18 time World Champion?