UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Didn't Hercules wrestle in an amazing amount of PPVs - something like Wrestlemania 3 until Survivor Series '91.

Hercules wrestled every PPV between WrestleMania 2 and Royal Rumble 1992, but that's still only 19 in a row. That will get pissed on by a lot of people from the era of a PPV every month. The run of Rocky over 3 1/2 years mentioned by HRH extended to 42 shows, for instance.

That will take some beating. Everyone else that was around in the "PPV every month" era but prior to the advent of the single-brand shows in 2003 (Austin, HHH, Taker, Angle, Kane) will have had potentially long runs curtailed by injuries, and Jericho misses out because he didn't wrestle at Backlash 2002, stopping his run after 30 in a row.

EDIT - for Pitcos - Hogan wrestled on Wrestling Classic and WrestleMania VIII either side of Herc's run before having his year off from the WWF, making his run 21.

Edited by air_raid

I haven't watched WWE in a long long time but I decided to check out Wrestlemania, I now have some questions if anyone can help...

- When did the brand split end and the world titles become unified?

- What is Triple H's backstage role now?

- Was this Daniel Bryan's first title win?

- Where did Bray Wyatt come from? Nxt? Indies? He doesn't look like the typical WWE developmental guy.

- What is this WWE universe that the commentators keep on about?

- Is Vince ever on screen anymore?

Thanks

• Moderators

- When did the brand split end and the world titles become unified?

It kind of just faded away after WWE had the Raw Supershow on Mondays a couple of years ago which would be duel branded due to a lack of star power atop brands. Cena and Orton had a unification ladder match towards the end of last year.

- What is Triple H's backstage role now?

Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative.

- Was this Daniel Bryan's first title win?

He won it first cleanly off John Cena at Summer slam last year when special ref HHH pedigreed him after the match to turn heel and Randy Orton cashed in Money In The Bank to start the Authority storyline.

- Where did Bray Wyatt come from? Nxt? Indies? He doesn't look like the typical WWE developmental guy.

He's IRS's son, and originally wrestled in developmental and NXT before becoming a part of The Nexus on Raw as Husky Harris. He was then sent back to developmental where he developed the Bray Wyatt character.

- What is this WWE universe that the commentators keep on about?

Just a catch all word for the fans and canon world that WWE exists in.

Not since last autumn or so.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Orton might be close from Surviour Series 08 to Royal Rumble 2012 is his run.

Remarkably, if I've counted correctly, this makes Orton's run 43 consecutive PPVs to Rocky's 42.

Not since last autumn or so.

He did turn up that one time in December for the Cena/Orton unification match, but before that, it was pre-SummerSlam wasn't it? When Vince was trying to get Wade Barrett to cut Bryan's hair.

• Paid Members

Isn't Vince slowing giving up power? WrestleMania was very much the Triple H and Stephanie show. And he was super emotional the last week, especially after the Undertaker situation and he supposedly took the Warrior's death really hard. He's displayed un-Tin Man like qualities recently. The old Vince would have sent Pat out to the ambulance and shook off the death of a former worker. He would never have left WrestleMania, no matter who was in the ambulance. For me, the fact that Vince was supposed to be the focal point of the main storyline this year and he never even came out of stage in a WrestleMania XX thank up bit may speak volumes in a year or two. There was something so strange seeing HHH and Stephanie do the WM set reveal.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Isn't Vince slowing giving up power? WrestleMania was very much the Triple H and Stephanie show. And he was super emotional the last week, especially after the Undertaker situation and he supposedly took the Warrior's death really hard. He's displayed un-Tin Man like qualities recently. The old Vince would have sent Pat out to the ambulance and shook off the death of a former worker. He would never have left WrestleMania, no matter who was in the ambulance. For me, the fact that Vince was supposed to be the focal point of the main storyline this year and he never even came out of stage in a WrestleMania XX thank up bit may speak volumes in a year or two. There was something so strange seeing HHH and Stephanie do the WM set reveal.

I think the same was said at Wrestlemania XX though - that he was handing it over to Shane & Stephanie, and it was about the future. I'm sure Vince will die at the helm, as he knows nothing else. It is his life's work and with the man's work ethic, I've no doubt he would hide or play down any ill health he was suffering anyway. HHH is the Authority at the minute, but I've no doubt Vince will crop up again at some point.

As for Taker, it's an interesting situation. Back in the late 80's & 90's, despite the heavy drug use, Vince's top stars weren't dying. In recent years, current stars like Guerrero & Benoit have passed along with legends like the Warrior - the Hall of Fame has reached the stage where they don't want to induct too many dead people. I think in his older years he feels more responsibility for these guys who've contributed & worked for him for so long, especially someone like Taker who is the ideal company man.

So after watching Lesnar ending the streak for about the twentieth time this week it got me thinking. Obviously beating Taker at Mania is a record within itself but is Lesnar the only person to have beaten Taker three times one on one at PPV'S? Struggling to think of anyone else who's done it. I know Michaels did it twice once in 1997 and once in 1998 but other than that i'm stumped.

So after watching Lesnar ending the streak for about the twentieth time this week it got me thinking. Obviously beating Taker at Mania is a record within itself but is Lesnar the only person to have beaten Taker three times one on one at PPV'S? Struggling to think of anyone else who's done it. I know Michaels did it twice once in 1997 and once in 1998 but other than that i'm stumped.

Austin

Summerslam 98 Rock Bottom 98 Fully Loaded 99