UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators
2. Exactly how much footage exists of ECW Cyberslam 2000? I gather RF never released the event for some reason even though it has historic value due to containing the Taz/Dreamer and Dreamer/Credible title changes which WWE eventually released as part of their ECW Unreleased Vol 1. Why did this event never get released in full? Did any other matches get aired as part of ECW TV?

As luck would have it I was watching 2 Cold vs Tanaka off it on Youtube last night albeit with Geman commentary, so it must have been shown on ECW on TNN or something.

• Paid Members
As luck would have it I was watching 2 Cold vs Tanaka off it on Youtube last night albeit with Geman commentary, so it must have been shown on ECW on TNN or something.

Checking the list from my tape of matches taped off Bravo, these matches aired on Hardcore TV :

Masato Tanaka VS Too Cold Scorpio

Super Crazy VS Kid Kash VS Little Guido

Yoshihiro Tajiri (World Television Champion) VS Rhino

Tommy Dreamer (World Heavyweight Champion) VS Justin Credible

According to http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/ecw00-01.htm only the TV title match and Dreamer/Credible aired on ECW on TNN.

• Paid Members

Which wrestlers or wrestling alumni have/do post on the UKFF? I mean WWE/TNA/WCW/ECW etc folks, not current Brit wrestlers or promoters. I heard Earthquake used to, and that Pinky lass who was mad for Billy Gunn.

Look out for Bobby Roode's face turn in the near future then! They should just give me and Ian the book. Carbomb can make the tea.

• Paid Members
Could a gent possibly direct me to that Wrestlemania stats thread? I'm making a Wrestlemania betting preview show this week for my work, and it would come in rather handy.

Link's in my sig. What kind of show, exactly? Would love to hear/see.

Sensible man - this is probably the only place on the internet you'll get some intelligent reaction to the programming from fans.

And yet.... Matt Morgan is still getting pushed. Sort it out Kevin!

Regarding Wrestlemania 2000 was there any plan on Mick Foley actually winning the WWF Belt on the show and then having a tournament leading up to Backlash to crown a new champion?

I know they wanted to solidify Hunter as a big deal but just seems odd that he beat Foley on the two PPVs before and they never really followed up with it. Or was the original plan for Rock to take the title until Hunter lobbied to have a heel go over at the Main Event?

Who came up with the idea of Hogan taking the strap off Yokozuna? Heard different reports about how Vince came up with it or Hogan wanting a Wrestlemania win seeing as they didnt win the tag belts. For me alot of fans unecessarilly give Hogan alot of unfair criticism over the win seeing as it was to send the fans home happy.

In regards to Hulk Hogan why didn't Vince keep the Hogan/Flair match off the house shows and have their first ever meeting at a major PPV?

Edited by iamthedoctor

Regarding Wrestlemania 2000 was there any plan on Mick Foley actually winning the WWF Belt on the show and then having a tournament leading up to Backlash to crown a new champion?

I think it was in Foley's 2nd autobiography where he explained that the only reason they asked him to come back and compete at WrestleMania was that they wanted a McMahon in each corner and Linda had no affiliation with anyone else.

Looking at the roster at that time there wasn't anyone really at a main event level outside of HHH/Rock/Big Show, so it was either hot-shot a mid-carder in to the WrestleMania main event or bring back a former main eventer.

In regards to Hulk Hogan why didn't Vince keep the Hogan/Flair match off the house shows and have their first ever meeting at a major PPV?

I think this was explained on the "True Story of WrestleMania" dvd, but I can't remember the specifics.

I think they discuss how it was announced soon after the 1992 Royal Rumble that Hogan got the Title match with Flair at WrestleMania VIII, but a few weeks later they changed it to Flair vs Savage and Hogan vs Sid. Something to do with their house show matches in 1991 not going down very well with crowds and not doing very good business.