UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

With WWE's April UK tour starting in about a months time, I keep checking WWE's appearences page on WWE.com but no superstar appearences on there for the UK.

Does anyone know when we might start to see superstar appearances being announced? I know Smyths Toy Stores is always a popular location. Do they have a section on their web site for this maybe?

Is Tom Meighan of Kasabian a big wrestling fan?

Never heard his name crop up with the usual celebrity fans, but i seen a pic of him at Wrestlemania and found this online.

From WWE.COM

Privacy isn't easy to come by for British rock band Kasabian. That's why the band uses fake names whenever they check into a hotel. Yet, according to The Sun, they don't take the handle of a famous movie character or childhood friend.

Instead, the members of Kasabian become WWE Hall of Famers.

According to The Sun:

You won't see Serge Pizzorno, Tom Meighan, Chris Edwards, Ian Matthews, Jay Mehler or Ben Kealey on the register at the Travel Lodge in Bournemouth. Oh no. The boys have been checking in under the names Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin among others.

Whether or not a member of the WWE Universe has confused one of the band members for their favorite Superstar remains to be seen.

• Paid Members

I'm going to have a real hard time buying it when Kojima gets beat by Rob fucking Conway. In my head, that's like Kimi Raikkonen getting beaten by the Trotters' three wheeler.

• Paid Members

Yeah, he's still going. Been full time for New Japan for a few years, even when he was pretending to be freelance. Won't be champion again, but reliable as fuck for a great match. Well, apart from a nine minute job to Shelton I had the privilege(?) of being in attendance for last August which was fairly beige.

Two quick questions.

1. I was browsing youtube a few weeks ago and I remember seeing a Hogan/Giant match with a WWE logo on the bottom left corner so its something that got put on one of the DVDs/Blu-Rays. The match was from Nitro and didnt contain any commentary after a couple of minutes so im guessing its that match where only 2 mins got shown before they went off the air but I just have no idea which WWE DVD this match was shown on. Might of been the best of Nitro or the NWO one but ive no idea if someone can help as cant find the original youtube vid now.

2. Exactly how much footage exists of ECW Cyberslam 2000? I gather RF never released the event for some reason even though it has historic value due to containing the Taz/Dreamer and Dreamer/Credible title changes which WWE eventually released as part of their ECW Unreleased Vol 1. Why did this event never get released in full? Did any other matches get aired as part of ECW TV?

• Paid Members
1. I was browsing youtube a few weeks ago and I remember seeing a Hogan/Giant match with a WWE logo on the bottom left corner so its something that got put on one of the DVDs/Blu-Rays.

Or it could have been on Vintage. The match you're talking about is from the 13th January 1997 Nitro, if you're sure it was from Nitro. I say this only because the Hogan/Giant match from Souled Out has definitely aired on Vintage. And on the Hogan Unreleased set.

Might of been the best of Nitro or the NWO one but ive no idea if someone can help as cant find the original youtube vid now.

Might HAVE been, but wasn't. It isn't on the Big Show set, the nWo set or either of the Nitro sets. Unless it crept on as a bizarre choice for an egg.

Edited by air_raid