UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

For any UFC fans, who was the bloke who came out to Toy Soldiers by Eminem? Haven't watched much UFC and remember this bloke but can't remember his name at all.

Paul Buentello, I think.

Buentello,%20Paul.jpg

Better known for probably the most cringeworthy, dying on it's arse, post-fight catchphrase in MMA history;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5JuWvgmjo

Thanks for that. I just remember him for the short phase I went through of watching UFC. I remember him facing some bloke who had massive Abs. Yes, that's a very vague description I know

• Paid Members
Where did Jim Neidhart disappear to all of a sudden? I know he came back but he seemed to be out of the picture for a while.

Didn't he get himself fired just before Summerslam 1997? I remember him having some sort of stipulation going into it that he would shave the beard if one of the Hart Foundation lost. He left about two weeks before the event and wasn't seen until a few weeks after it.

Where did Jim Neidhart disappear to all of a sudden? I know he came back but he seemed to be out of the picture for a while.

Didn't he get himself fired just before Summerslam 1997? I remember him having some sort of stipulation going into it that he would shave the beard if one of the Hart Foundation lost. He left about two weeks before the event and wasn't seen until a few weeks after it.

Dont think he got fired. As far as I remember from Brets book he had to take time off to deal with contract issues to some indy company he'd signed with.

Edited by EdgarTheSlouch

Does anybody know why the Kid Rock stuff is edited out of the Blu ray for Wrestlemania 24? as the Diva's come out during the end of his set it just cuts to them all in the ring

Does anybody know why the Kid Rock stuff is edited out of the Blu ray for Wrestlemania 24? as the Diva's come out during the end of his set it just cuts to them all in the ring

Sorry - Wrestlemania 25!

I think it was down to Music rights - I'm guessing they pay so much for the PPV but if you put the songs out on DVD you are then liable for another set of costs through royalties etc.

Yup. Same reason they have edited music out for years, for entrances, promo videos etc.

The ROH Briscoes are from Delaware. They're the only ones I can think of.

Also, from Florida - you should've put Savage, Rock and Hogan!

Texas - Funk, yes, but also Taker, HBK and Steve Austin.

Apparently Ultimate Warrior, Mick Foley, Dick The Bruiser and Damaja are all from Indiana originally.

Quick bit of research says Paul "The Butcher" Vachon was from Newport, Vermont. I always thought he was from Montreal or somewhere in Quebec. (Also, one of the first results to come up on Google is a John McMahon, who was apparently a competitive, collar-and-elbow pro wrestling champion in the 19th century, back when it was still legit. So there you go, nominative determinism at its finest. Vince will never escape wrestling until he changes his surname.)

Seems Seth Rollins is from Buffalo, Iowa.

Also, Kevin Sullivan's a great choice for Massachusetts, but Cena's from there also.

Interesting about the Briscoes. Need to see more of them, good to know Delaware at least produced some wrestlers.

I knew many of those but the idea was to name one from each place. If I listed all the wrestlers from Texas, Florida and Minnesota it would take a week.

Cena was the only other name guy I could think of from Massachusetts but he never did anything as cool as this: http://www.dailymotion.com/gb//1#video=x122ul

"All this built up HAY-tred" > "Rise above hate"

So Sully it is.

Still is strange to me there aren't that many guys who made it to WWF from Mass when Boston Garden was the companies second or third (behind MSG and Philly Spectrum) home.

Checked quickly - seems Ted DiBiase is from Omaha, Nebraska.

Think DiBiase must have been the one I was the one I was thinking of. Didn't want to cheat and look it up but that sounds familiar.

Turns out Bob Orton Jr. was the one I was thinking of from Kansas. Class wrestler and pretty underrated as a character.