UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yeah, I kinda disagree on the No Mercy complaint. Triple H puts in a pretty good performance there, not one of this best, but he and Randy carry it a good show despite it not having much else if memory serves me right.

You've brought up a fair few points of the year that I've forgot about there. I have every PPV of 2007 on DVD but it tends to be the year I least go back to and watch the events (apart from Mania, Batista/Taker was an absolute beauty from that year but it's not the best Mania by any means, there was far too much talent in the MITB which made the rest of the card suffered).

The Orton matches were shit, I thought. Almost without exception I can't stick Triple H/Orton matches. HHH has some wickedly poor chemistry with some guys sometimes, and Orton's the top one just over Michaels for me.

The rest of No Mercy was okay, (particularly the class Punjabi Prison match), and I accept that they had to book some stuff on the hop due to Cena getting crocked. It's the Title though, they could have done any number of things that didn't result in two Triple H/Randy Orton contests.

• Paid Members
The Orton matches were shit, I thought. Almost without exception I can't stick Triple H/Orton matches. HHH has some wickedly poor chemistry with some guys sometimes, and Orton's the top one just over Michaels for me.

I always thought Orton and Hunter meshed well because I really enjoyed the endings to Survivors '04 and New Years Revolution 2005, but I've realized since that each was beneficial from a match that had told a good story and the efforts of six and five other wrestlers respectively helping them get to that point, so in effect all I was enjoying was well-executed closing stretches in front of hot crowds. Their matches just the pair of them I've never really enjoyed. Mania XXV is an obvious example, but their earlier matches were toss too. Their title matches at Unforgiven 04 and Rumble 05 were hampered by rubbish build and delivered nothing bell to bell, and there was little to get excited about in their retreads in 07-09. I think the problem may have been that neither is likeable enough in the babyface role for their matches to really light a spark. Babyface Orton up against Hunter was a stupid, cowardly loser as discussed in the Rumble review thread, and I always found it difficult to cheer Hunter until his matches with the impossible challenges of ending the streak or taking down Lesnar. Doesn't help that I thought "IED" Orton was a really interesting character that I wanted to see send Hunter to hospital and kidnap Steph.

Shawn's an interesting one. I loved their match at SummerSlam 2002, then thought their Armageddon match was overblown and dull. They had a great match on Raw to close 2003, but then their match at the Rumble was hampered by Last Man Standing stip - which I usually (but not always) dislike - and a really crap finish. Their exchanges in the two triangle matches with Benoit were sparkling, but during their Hell In A Cell match I literally fell asleep. Then they redeemed themselves with amazing storytelling at Taboo Tuesday. I guess it depends on the length of the matches really and how long Shawn has to sell for the trademark boring heel HHH heat section that goes on too long. With a lot of their matches I've lost interest by the time Shawn gets to make his comeback.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
Does anyone know where one could get a hold of the music that WWE have used for years when a steel cage or the HIAC is being lowered?

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Random point - now used only as the "cage theme" the first time they used that was showing Sid and Shawn walking down the MSG corridors prior to their match at Survivors '96. They used it again at Rumble '97 in similar fashion and a few other times prior to becoming "cage exclusive."

Sorry, that doesn't really answer your question.

Does anyone know where one could get a hold of the music that WWE have used for years when a steel cage or the HIAC is being lowered?

In the early days of the internet of looking for themes I remember a few promos being released by GodzFire & KNorth83. Ive no idea where they got alot of their stuff from unless someone in WWE was leaking it out. Wasen't there a rumour years ago about someone in production was leaking music?

In regards to the WWE tape Library it says that when WWE bought the WCW Video Library some tapes were in such poor condition that they could be used for Classics on Demand.

Is there any examples of how bad the quality is or why shows in particular are bad? I would of thought Bischoff or whoever owned them say Turner would of kept them in good condition or was it simply done on purpose because of WWE buying it?

Edited by iamthedoctor

• Paid Members

In the early days of the internet of looking for themes I remember a few promos being released by GodzFire & KNorth83. Ive no idea where they got alot of their stuff from unless someone in WWE was leaking it out. Wasen't there a rumour years ago about someone in production was leaking music?

In regards to the WWE tape Library it says that when WWE bought the WCW Video Library some tapes were in such poor condition that they could be used for Classics on Demand.

Is there any examples of how bad the quality is or why shows in particular are bad? I would of thought Bischoff or whoever owned them say Turner would of kept them in good condition or was it simply done on purpose because of WWE buying it?

From what I have read it was just kept in a mess because they never thought they would need half of it.

As such you had tapes poorly stored so they deteriorated quickly and stuff in no order, so tapes marked "Nirto 5/2/99 & World Wide 6/2/97" had a thunder from 2000 and half an episode of Seinfeld on it.

I may have it wrong though, but the company was a bit of a shambles and they never felt there was a need to keep it in order and no one had the control to make them.

It's worth noting the BBC lost tons of footage because it never stored it right or lost and disposed of tapes because they felt no one would want to watch old episodes of TV shows repeated.

• Paid Members
It's worth noting the BBC lost tons of footage because it never stored it right or lost and disposed of tapes because they felt no one would want to watch old episodes of TV shows repeated.

Regarding the BBC I thought it was a cost cutting measure?

I could be wrong, it has been.