UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

He was an associate producer on Raw, working alongside Shane McMahon and was like the head producer on shows like Mania and All American Wrestling. He didn't catalog the video library. They've always had a team of people to do that. He was groomed to be one of the heads in the front office, because Vince liked him so much at the time (just not as a worker), until he began hanging out with Shane McMahon and he got heat with the big players in the office. Raven said he'd view videos when there was nothing to do because you get those privileges when you work for WWF/WWE.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Fuck me, Raven's had it ace at certain moments. All those nice potential offers in the WWF and WWE and a seriously big money contract in WCW. Balls to the miserable old(er looking than he is) twat, he made too many daftarse decisions and should have had at least Yorkshire Building Society account on the go so he didn't have to show up in such terrible nick at these signings.

• Paid Members
He was an associate producer on Raw, working alongside Shane McMahon and was like the head producer on shows like Mania and All American Wrestling. He didn't catalog the video library. They've always had a team of people to do that. He was groomed to be one of the heads in the front office, because Vince liked him so much at the time (just not as a worker), until he began hanging out with Shane McMahon and he got heat with the big players in the office. Raven said he'd view videos when there was nothing to do because you get those privileges when you work for WWF/WWE.

Ahh thats what i had heard, my bad on that one.

On paper being one of the head producers of WWE or Going to work on the indies for the rest of your life? I know which one I'd pick.

It certainly does sound like Raven's made all the wrong decisions along the way. He could be fat and wealthy like a Patterson, but instead he's fat and poor and still wrestling. Tommy Dreamer's another one - had a great back office job at WWE, gave it up for one more run in WWECW.

• Paid Members

There is a reason people don't last long in these jobs though. Look at the way they treat long-term employees like JR and Fink. You'll become a rich man, but you're going to need extra thick skin to last in WWEs offices - most wrestlers are double insecure.

What a mark for himself raven is. What a dream job to watch tapes and produce wrestling, I know the pressure would have been huge but he could have done indy dates ala Lawler/ Dreamer when he was back office / Al Snow to keep his wrestling alive and basically had his cake and eaten it.

Seems to be the case of most of the old ECW talent that they were just so into themselves and ECW that they could never work out anywhere else

To anyone who has used the Barclaycard Unwind experience in Wembley.

How does it work the buying process for getting tickets for this coming 2013 TNA show in January? I have registered online with the unwind service but see no presale link or been emailed any special password for buying tickets for TNA despite the fact ticketmaster are advertising a presale for this event by Barclaycard Unwind?

Just watching the Stone Cold DVD set, who is the narrator? I've heard his voice before on other stuff but I've looked on imdb and can't seem to find it, who is he and what does he do? He should be a ring announcer or something, such an awesome voice.

• Paid Members
What reasons did Rick Rude give for leaving the WWF in 1990?

I might be wrong, but was it something along the line of him not being used in the main events, and constantly putting over the big guys, basically being a Jobber to the stars?

What reasons did Rick Rude give for leaving the WWF in 1990?

I might be wrong, but was it something along the line of him not being used in the main events, and constantly putting over the big guys, basically being a Jobber to the stars?

Taken from his obituary by Meltzer...

His WWF career ended shortly after his SummerSlam main event after a dispute with Vince McMahon. While Rude was out of action with a torn tricep, the WWF continued to advertise him for a house show run against Warrior. While business was disappointing during this period, as Warrior was a weaker-than-expected draw as champion after Hogan, Rude was still the heel challenging for the title in all the advertising in the top arenas. Rude felt that his name was being used to draw the houses, but McMahon was paying him very little, based on the fact he wasn't wrestling on those shows. In those days before significant guaranteed money contracts, injured wrestlers were not well paid until they got back into action. Rude eventually quit the company over not getting paid main event money on those shows.....