UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators
They don't.

The ownership of the Memphis library is a convoluted and complex matter.

Go for it...

I honestly wouldn't know where to start. I just know that Lawler's sued Maclin, and Larry Burton's involved and someone somewhere said WMC-TV reckon they're theirs, and that they were probably all wiped anyway every week after the tape of the weekly show got back from Syndication.

Edited by ButchReedMark

They don't.The ownership of the Memphis library is a convoluted and complex matter.

Go for it...
I honestly wouldn't know where to start. I just know that Lawler's sued Maclin, and Larry Burton's involved and someone somewhere said WMC-TV reckon they're theirs, and that they were probably all wiped anyway every week after the tape of the weekly show got back from Syndication.
Interesting, although it sucks when things like this happen. Its like the Goldeneye 007 fiasco on N64, and the amount of different people who own the rights so it will never get a port.

They don't.The ownership of the Memphis library is a convoluted and complex matter.

Go for it...
Interesting, although it sucks when things like this happen. Its like the Goldeneye 007 fiasco on N64, and the amount of different people who own the rights so it will never get a port.
That's a terrible analogy! There are only 2 people who own the rights there, Activision own the game right to James Bond, but not the rights to the original product. That's all Nintendo have, which is why we got the updated remake from Activision (With Craig in instead of Pierce Brosnan) last year on Wii, then this year on PS3 and Xbox. That's far preferrable to a re-release of the original and highly dated original which wouldn't sell well at all asides to nostalgists.

I'd love Vince to get his hands on that UWF stuff. What I've seen was fucking dynamite, but I just can't be arsed to start from scratch with it all. A 4 disk DVD set with Watts involved and all the guidance from JR would sort me right out.

Didn't RF personally shoot every ECW show. So i guess they have some ownership.

They did film a lot on "Fan Cam" which was Feinstein I believe with one camera filming house shows and matches pre TV tapings etc. Depending upon contracts etc with ECW at the time they probably own the footage and paid ECW a commission on all salesAnother Questions - If I was to go to Japan for say the Jan 4 Tokyo Dome show and a few days either side (not planning this year maybe next). How would I go about pre booking show tickets etc or is it easier to buy when over there Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members

Short version of the Memphis story is that by all logic, the library belongs to Larry Burton, the problem being Larry Burton never actually legally existed.As Cory Macklin's shown, if you want to use the Memphis library (or rather whatever generation recordings you have), the chance are nobody is going to sue you. Unfortunately WWE lawyers don't really like taking chances.