UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Which TNA wrestler is referred to as 'Football Boy' on here? Is it AJ? And why?

Jesse Sorenson, because his whole gimmick is that he used to play High School football and so carries a pigskin around to that effect.

Thanks Butch. I have honestly never heard of him.

I'm re-watching every single wrestlemania each week until next years (Very geeky i know) so far i'm up to WM 12 this week, but my question is this.

After only just discovering the bloke from prior Manias, What the hell happened to Todd Pettengill? He was awesome!

He was, wasn't he? He would have been perfect for the PG era of the WWE too, although that may be coming to an end now. His enthusiasm was infectious and he was always involved in some ridiculous but hilarious pre-PPV shenanigans.

Ian is probably mates with him on Twitter...?

YouTube his 96 Slammys opening song. Amazing stuff. The Toddster was a nerd, but a billion times better value than some of the charisma vaccums that have been there in his place since then. Apart from Jack, Jack's got my back. But better than most.

• Paid Members
I'm re-watching every single wrestlemania each week until next years (Very geeky i know) so far i'm up to WM 12 this week, but my question is this.

After only just discovering the bloke from prior Manias, What the hell happened to Todd Pettengill? He was awesome!

He was, wasn't he? He would have been perfect for the PG era of the WWE too, although that may be coming to an end now. His enthusiasm was infectious and he was always involved in some ridiculous but hilarious pre-PPV shenanigans.

YouTube his 96 Slammys opening song. Amazing stuff. The Toddster was a nerd, but a billion times better value than some of the charisma vaccums that have been there in his place since then. Apart from Jack, Jack's got my back. But better than most.

Speaking of which, where has Jack Korpela been for the past few weeks? I tape WWE Experience and the highlight of that show is "As always.....JACK's... got your back". But we've had Shitty Matt Striker over the past 2 weeks, who even dared to say his own catchphrase of "So i'm Matt, and thats that" during the first week.

Todd on twitter

Appealing to Internet fans with CM Punk and Daniel Bryan's big wins hasn't helped. Appealing to attitude era zealots with The Rock's return hasn't helped on the weeks he's not there. At some point going down the quick-fix list, WWE's going to decide that bringing back the fans from Action Zone is the key to the next boom, and throw a ton of money at Pettengill to turn up on Raw and confront Michael Cole.

Are there any famous examples of the wrong person winning a match? IE the wrestlers or referee botching the ending completely? I read somewhere that the refs are to count as if it were a legit contest. It should probably go without saying that Montreal doesn't count here.

Teddy Long seemed to be a bit of a screw up merchant in 1999/2000 if i remember correctly? Watched 1999 Rumble again not that long ago and he f'd up the Gangrel/Xpac match ending with a phantom three count near the conclusion.

• Paid Members

Dynamite kid said in his book, that during a tour of france for WWE, one of the ref's just flat out made a three count because he was a bit of a cock. It was something along the lines of the ref thinking he had some actual power from his role as ref, and just flat out fast counted him because he thought the match had gone on long enough.

Will check about for a full story.

I was watching Syxx v Guerrero Ladder Match from WCW/nWo Souled Out 1997 and cannot for the life of me remember why there were silly voice overs throughout the match, and probably the night if i'd watched all the show.

I know that the WCW wrestlers weren't "allowed" their own entrance music, but during the match they'd be a voice over saying "LOSER" and on Eddie's entrance they introduced him as "the Mexican jumping bean".

I assume it was all nWo stuff, unless anyone knows of another crazy WCW reason?

Todd on twitter

SCOTT___TODDlil_reasonably_small.jpg

Is he... I mean, are they...?

• Paid Members
I was watching Syxx v Guerrero Ladder Match from WCW/nWo Souled Out 1997 and cannot for the life of me remember why there were silly voice overs throughout the match, and probably the night if i'd watched all the show.

I know that the WCW wrestlers weren't "allowed" their own entrance music, but during the match they'd be a voice over saying "LOSER" and on Eddie's entrance they introduced him as "the Mexican jumping bean".

Not really. From what i remeber the original plan was to eventually have nWo as a seperate brand from WCW and this was some sort of nWo only PPV (although it was of course agaisnt WCW wrestlers), hence the crappy non-commentator (eric bichoff) the ugly biker chicks hanging around, and the "Loser" entrance music.

IIRC, This PPV didnt do very well and the whole nWo as a brand thing sort of just never came. Regardless of this of course, i think either some time after or maybe even before the nWo took over Nitro for an episode, that also didnt do very well (or at least as well as they'd hoped). On top of that the nWo was a small roster of its own for some time anyway, so they could of gone ahead with it, but again looks like it wouldnt of gone down well.

Not really. From what i remeber the original plan was to eventually have nWo as a seperate brand from WCW and this was some sort of nWo only PPV (although it was of course agaisnt WCW wrestlers), hence the crappy non-commentator (eric bichoff) the ugly biker chicks hanging around, and the "Loser" entrance music.

IIRC, This PPV didnt do very well and the whole nWo as a brand thing sort of just never came. Regardless of this of course, i think either some time after or maybe even before the nWo took over Nitro for an episode, that also didnt do very well (or at least as well as they'd hoped). On top of that the nWo was a small roster of its own for some time anyway, so they could of gone ahead with it, but again looks like it wouldnt of gone down well.

I never really understood how having the nWo as it's own brand (as in completely separate to WCW) would have worked. Would they just have fought each other? Would the nWo become a company name and the stable itself cease to exist? I also never understood the aformentioned ugly biker chicks and why the nWo, the coolest people on the wrestling planet, would award some middle aged (from memory) munter the Miss nWo title. It seemed to go against everything the group stood for.

• Paid Members
I never really understood how having the nWo as it's own brand (as in completely separate to WCW) would have worked. Would they just have fought each other? Would the nWo become a company name and the stable itself cease to exist? I also never understood the aformentioned ugly biker chicks and why the nWo, the coolest people on the wrestling planet, would award some middle aged (from memory) munter the Miss nWo title. It seemed to go against everything the group stood for.

I think it was to end up being what raw and smackdown kind of are now, 2 seperate shows with its own storylines/PPVs/Champions/merch etc. As for the Biker chicks, god knows. Bischoff is randomly into Motor bikes (hence the Road Wild PPV) and that sort of area, so i think he knew those particular ladies directly or something like that, but even he should know they were fucking ugly, considering how bang tidy his wife is!