UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm fairly certain it was The Rock. They were definitely using that version
before Shamrock won it.

Aye, I always thought they did the new belt after Austin threw the old one off the bridge in late '97, but it was just after WrestleMania 14 Rock started wearing the new one.

• Paid Members
Hard Justice will featured professional wrestling matches that involve different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portray villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that build tension and culminate into a wrestling match or series of matches.[/quotes]

That's down to some twats in the Wikipedia editing community who argue that you need to explain that because some people in Azerbaijan might not understand what pro wrestling is.

When I was a near-infant (mustra been between 92-94) I went to see a tribute show in the Shetland Isles, at least I think it was a tribute show. All I remember being there was the "Legion of Doom", the British Bulldog, and a guy with a similar mask to mankind (before mankind though I realise). Anyone any idea who would have ran this show? And who would have been "portraying" the Bulldog at such a show?? As far as IU know, its only one of two wrestling shows ever to grace thge isles, the other being around 98, with a fake Sting headlining.

When I was a near-infant (mustra been between 92-94) I went to see a tribute show in the Shetland Isles, at least I think it was a tribute show. All I remember being there was the "Legion of Doom", the British Bulldog, and a guy with a similar mask to mankind (before mankind though I realise). Anyone any idea who would have ran this show? And who would have been "portraying" the Bulldog at such a show?? As far as IU know, its only one of two wrestling shows ever to grace thge isles, the other being around 98, with a fake Sting headlining.

I expect it was one of the usual tribute show promoters that have been around for years. Although there is a small chance I would imagine, and I mean a very small chance between 92-94 it could have been bulldog himself as he toured the UK as a independant between WWF and WCW runs. The Legion of Doom I think there was one wrestler doing a similar gimmick who was well known at the time as well.

Didnt Bret Hart have people tap out to the sharpshooter ?

I can't think of any examples of matches Bret Hart won by tap-out in the WWF. If you have a specific match in mind where someone tapped out to Bret's sharpshooter, please find it on Youtube and post the link.

• Paid Members
Id of thought all of them tapped out or else how will they know they submit unlelss they scream to the ref they give up which I suppose is what happened.

The tap out didn't exist in pro wrestling (or certainly WWF) until the mid-to-late 90's. I believe PITCOS is right that it was imported from UFC by Ken Shamrock, although I wouldn't hazard a date. Before then submission was indeed a verbal signal, often accompanied by a vigorous nodding of the head...

Just watched a clip of Shamrock's WWF debut (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4DCQIWtxI) and that ends on a tap-out, but it's not really a pro wrestling match either. Shamrock vs Vader at In Your House probably ended in a tap out as well, but I'm curious as to the first time it was used in a match between other wrestlers.

Am I just a fucking fat liar, or did people tap out to Pyscho Bob's Chicken Wing? Well, tap in an arm flailing type manner. I'm sure wrestlers would tap the mat (or a leg) in pain and submission in figure fours too, but can't place any specific examples.

And wow, I think that's the most pointless post I've ever contributed to this forum.

Am I just a fucking fat liar, or did people tap out to Pyscho Bob's Chicken Wing? Well, tap in an arm flailing type manner. I'm sure wrestlers would tap the mat (or a leg) in pain and submission in figure fours too, but can't place any specific examples.

Pre-Shamrock, slapping the mat would usually be to show they were fighting the great pain of the move. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb0b5md4BlA#t=59s