UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Ok, one for the experts to try...

When was the last time a WWE or WWF Championship/Title/Belt was defended in a match on a card not promoted by the WWF/E or by V.K. McMahon or McMahon Snr?

I have heard that the WWF Womens title was involved in several non-WWF promoted matches in Japan in 1994 with one title change taking place, but has there been any more recent?

Bret Hart faced Terry Funk in September '97 on the Wrestlefest card, at which time Hart was the WWF World Champion, although I don't know for sure whether the title was on the line in the match.

It is possible that a title was defended later than this on one of Pillman Memorial shows or in OVW.

When was the last time a WWE or WWF Championship/Title/Belt was defended in a match on a card not promoted by the WWF/E or by V.K. McMahon or McMahon Snr?

I have heard that the WWF Womens title was involved in several non-WWF promoted matches in Japan in 1994 with one title change taking place, but has there been any more recent?

Bret Hart faced Terry Funk in September '97 on the Wrestlefest card, at which time Hart was the WWF World Champion, although I don't know for sure whether the title was on the line in the match.

It is possible that a title was defended later than this on one of Pillman Memorial shows or in OVW.

Oddly enough I watched this match last night, its at the start of the RF shoot with Bret from 2000. The title was on the line, it wasn't originally but I'm sure Funk wanted to put Bret over so he arranged to make it a title match too.

If it's wasn't, the Hitman did defend it vs the Bulldog on a Stampede tribute show for Stu Hart in December 1995.

Actually, so did Razor against Owen earlier in the show (IC title obv.)

With far too much time on my hands I searched through some OVW results, and this was the most recent time a WWE title was defended there:

22 June 2007 OVW, Six Flags, Kentucky - Santino Marella pinned Antoni Polaski to retain the WWE IC title.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there some sort of deal between one of the Japanese promotions and the WWF's light heavyweight belt at some point? I'm sure I read something about it in Powerslam, though I may be completely wrong.

A long long time ago (Late 70's early 80's?) The World Junior-heavywight championship was defended in WWF (or WWWF maybe) although it was primarily defended in japan Via NJPW i believe. Dynamite kid is a former WWF World junior-heavyweight champion. Not sure when that lasted up to, although its not in relation to the later 90's Light-heavyweight belt!

Wasn't there some sort of deal between one of the Japanese promotions and the WWF's light heavyweight belt at some point? I'm sure I read something about it in Powerslam, though I may be completely wrong.

A long long time ago (Late 70's early 80's?) The World Junior-heavywight championship was defended in WWF (or WWWF maybe) although it was primarily defended in japan Via NJPW i believe. Dynamite kid is a former WWF World junior-heavyweight champion. Not sure when that lasted up to, although its not in relation to the later 90's Light-heavyweight belt!

Awesome, cheers for that. I knew I'd read something about it in a roundabout way!

Ive got a question dont know if its been asked.

Whos first ppv match was a world title match. I can think of 2.

Edited by sivy

Whos first ppv match was a world title match. I can think of 2.

Hogan on *WCW PPV* in 1994. Can't think of the other one.

Sorry i meant whose first wwe/wwf ppv match was a world title match. I have 2 names

Edited by sivy

I can think of 3:

- The Patriot challenged Bret for the WWF Title in his first ppv at Ground Zero 1997.

- King Kong Bundy challenged Hogan for the Title in his first ppv at WrestleMania 2 (bearing in mind WM1 wasn't on ppv)

- Ted Dibiase challeneged for the vacant Title in his first ppv at WrestleMania 4

• Paid Members

You used to walk home from Footie after school on a Friday and say "watching Raw tonight lads" (real quietly though, because you didnt want anyone else to know you watched it), knowing you had Nitro on the night as well and that you had the full weekend to fuck about doing nothing. Them were the days.