UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Yeah, they definitely weren't using the brothers thing back when Edge's book came out in late 2004. They might have just started the long-time friends thing to tie in with the real life story in the book. I don't recall whether they were called brothers in their 2002 tag feud (with Hogan and the Un-Americans).

• Paid Members

Yeah, basically they haven't been presented as brothers longer than they were presented as brothers. Even at the height of their tag career it was an afterthought and although there was the odd reference here and there as brothers or of Nanna the way they were presented was much more as two dorky mates for the majority. They never even had a fucking surname!!!

The whole moaning about them not being referred to as brothers anymore is one of those lame things that doesn't make any real negative difference whatsoever besides consistency, just gets blown out of proportion and it makes more sense for WWE to use their real-life relationship and back story as that's an awesome story in itself.

When was the last time the WWE used the "blue bars" for a steel cage match, or a variation of one?

I'm thinking it was at the infamous Kennel From Hell match, but was it used any time beyond that?

• Paid Members
When was the last time the WWE used the "blue bars" for a steel cage match, or a variation of one?

I'm thinking it was at the infamous Kennel From Hell match, but was it used any time beyond that?

The Edge vs Christian cage match at Rebellion 2001, used that style of cage, although the bars were black, that was the last time I've seen that kind of cage used.

• Paid Members

Yeah they made the switch to the "mesh" cage in 1999, I believe the one on Raw in May between Trips and Rock was the first, notable exceptions being the Rebellion 99 main event (Rock v HHH), Kennel from Hell as you noted, and the aforementioned Rebellion 2001 E vs C scrap.

Bit weird when that happened, I remember thinking "that cage looks like one WcW uses." No doubt they made the change when someone who had been in a Hell In A Cell match pointed out how much more give the mesh has, the old blue bars reportedly hurt like fuck.

Yeah they made the switch to the "mesh" cage in 1999, I believe the one on Raw in May between Trips and Rock was the first, notable exceptions being the Rebellion 99 main event (Rock v HHH), Kennel from Hell as you noted, and the aforementioned Rebellion 2001 E vs C scrap.

Bit weird when that happened, I remember thinking "that cage looks like one WcW uses." No doubt they made the change when someone who had been in a Hell In A Cell match pointed out how much more give the mesh has, the old blue bars reportedly hurt like fuck.

Did they use the black St Valentines Day Massacure cage at Rebellion because it fit easier on the plain?

• Paid Members
Is Issue 140 (In early 2006) of Power Slam, the only time that this website has appeared in the magazine's baloney section?

Pretty sure the UKFF was mentioned quite regularly around 2003. I seem to think I'm one of a flood of people who found the board around that time through PowerSlam. The UKFF is eternally grateful.

• Paid Members

The UKFF used to always be in Power Slam. A shitload of PS writers were/are members of this board, so it makes sense. Power Slam also famously (in our little world) posted in the letters page a letter where someone said "I joined the UKFF and they bullied me off the forum etc." It was incredible that they even bothered wasting the pages of the mag to print it.