UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

something quite creepy while watching raw from 1997, raw just before bad blood, vince said something right after the pilmans xxx files, he said "i'd be happy if we never see him again"

That's not a question now, is it?

aye it is

• Paid Members
something quite creepy while watching raw from 1997, raw just before bad blood, vince said something right after the pilmans xxx files, he said "i'd be happy if we never see him again"

That's not a question now, is it?

aye it is

No. No it's not.

Just watching RAW from 1998, first episode. The show and first hour had Michael Cole commentatiing, with J.R. and Kevin Kelly by his side. Half way through The King has suddenly started commentating with J.R. and Cole and Kelly are gone. Anyone know why did this and was it regular? Strange as to why theyd change it half way through. And yeah i've checked its the same episode :laugh:

Just watching RAW from 1998, first episode. The show and first hour had Michael Cole commentatiing, with J.R. and Kevin Kelly by his side. Half way through The King has suddenly started commentating with J.R. and Cole and Kelly are gone. Anyone know why did this and was it regular? Strange as to why theyd change it half way through. And yeah i've checked its the same episode :laugh:

This was regular for quite a while around this time, I'd say at least a months worth of episodes. As for why, I think it could possibly have something to do with the branding of Raw as two distinctly different shows, but I'm not 100% on that. Some people on here can explain what ratings/advertising benefits the WWF were getting from having Raw and Warzone better than I can, because I don't really understand it. But I'd guess it was relevant to that.

That JR/Cole/Kelly team was fucking horrendous mind. Glad they nixed the idea, whatever the reason.

Ahh right I see. Don't really get the RAW/Warzone thing either, I always thought Warzone was just a name for the Arena as such, like in TNA where they call it the Impact Zone. I know RAW was in different arena's but you know what I mean. Didn't realise it was kinda a half and half show.

And too right Cole/Kelly and J.R. was a terrible combination. Show sounded instantly better when King joined.

• Paid Members

Raw/War Zone meant that they could claim they had two different shows. They could then claim to have two of the top-ten rated cable shows rather than one, which looked better when they sold packages of advertising.

It also gave them the option to take whichever hour did a better rating and quote that as their performance rather than the two-hour average.

They still try to pull it off to a lesser degree (which is why you get a copyright notice halfway through the show), but it's less useful now they aren't usually appearing in the top ten anyway.

They stopped calling it The War Zone in November 1998 when they updated the logo/graphics and got the new theme that was used until April 2002. They still called it War Zone on the graphics though.

• Paid Members

Just remembered: when they started pretending it was two shows, the first hour was "Raw is War" rather than just Raw.

They ditched that after 9/11 and the two hours are now technically known as Raw and Raw Zone, though that isn't used in any public manner.

On the Benoit tribute Raw, HHH told a story about Benoit making a young wrestler do a thousand squats. Any idea who this young wrestler was?

Muhammed Hassan i think and i also heard that the muscles in his legs started breaking down afterwards and being absorbed by his kidney's untill he was pissing what looked like Dr Pepper. Not sure how true that last part is or if it's even physically possible but still it's sounds pretty nasty.

I think it was Divari that had to do the one squillion squats. He ended up peeing blood. Ouch.

It might well have been actually, i knew it was one of the two of them who had to do it.

It was Matt Striker that had to do it, I think.

Daivari did tell the story about pissing his legs out, but it wasn't that he had to do it. He did it to test himself or to suck up to Benoit, who used to do millions of squats all the time with Rob Conway.

• Paid Members

Didnt the story go that Matt Striker disrespected Shawn Michaels (good money is on pulling the microphone away from him or interupting him) and when Benoit, Guerrero and Bob Holly found out they made him do squats infront of them until they said so. To be fair, apparently the bloke who murdered his family was the most calm out of the three.

Brian Kendrick and Paul London also told a story on their shoot that when they announced that Benoit was dead, everyone went into a quiet/reflecting shock apart from Matt Striker who dropped to his knees and went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Brian Kendrick and Paul London also told a story on their shoot that when they announced that Benoit was dead, everyone went into a quiet/reflecting shock apart from Matt Striker who dropped to his knees and went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!".

Just reminded me of this

no.jpg