UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone have results for the XPW show that took place on Saturday just there?

XPW results:

http://www.santinobros.net/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=222

http://www.czwfans.com/board/viewtopic.php...77&start=75

The czwfans(2nd post on the page) one has a mini write-up and i think a couple of extra matches.

Thanks for that. Looks like we may see it over here as a cheap DVD release in HMV as it was filmed by Big Vision Entertainment.

• Paid Members
If Hatton won instead of Mayweather would he have been called to do that angle with Big Show?

No. Hatton wasn't the draw Mayweather was and nobody would understand a fucking word Hatton said.

Actually you might be suprised by this. But WWE actually asked Hatton to appear at 'Mania along with Mayweather, Hatton turned it down. Also Hatton is a big draw in boxing, granted the past couple of years his reputation has taken a battering (literally).

Why did Sid leave the WWF in the summer of 1997?

Softball season was starting again?

Actually, I don't know how much of a joke that is, but IIRC, Power Slam at the time put it down to a disagreement over money and maybe even a couple of no-shows on his part. I don't think it was all cordial, to say the least. Sorry I can't be clearer.

If Hatton won instead of Mayweather would he have been called to do that angle with Big Show?

No. Hatton wasn't the draw Mayweather was and nobody would understand a fucking word Hatton said.

Actually you might be suprised by this. But WWE actually asked Hatton to appear at 'Mania along with Mayweather, Hatton turned it down. Also Hatton is a big draw in boxing, granted the past couple of years his reputation has taken a battering (literally).

Semi-related question:

How serious was Vince about setting up a Lesnar/Lennox Lewis match at WM19 or 20? If it had happened, do you think he would have been confident enough to go with a legit shoot fight? (bearing in mind Lesnar's MMA success, it would have likely been a wise move for Vince, but you never know if he'd be worried about sacrificing his top star in a Bart Gunn/Butterbean scenario).

• Paid Members

It wasn't going to be at Mania, but a separate PPV. They did go as far as to clear it with the commission in Vegas which said it was OK, but they couldn't do worked wrestling matches on the same show.

Lewis seriously talked about it, but soon realised he stood a good chance of losing and wasn't interested unless they did it under rules that gave him too much advantage (including standups after either 10 or 30 seconds on the ground) for it to be worth WWE's while.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've always assumed that a decent heavyweight boxer would totally annihilate a heavyweight MMA fighter. Even in UFC a decent punch often ends a bout. I would imagine Lewise would have won pretty quickly.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've always assumed that a decent heavyweight boxer would totally annihilate a heavyweight MMA fighter. Even in UFC a decent punch often ends a bout. I would imagine Lewise would have won pretty quickly.

I would have thought the opposite.

Someone with Lesnar's size and credentials could probably withstand a couple of punches from a heavyweight boxer, whereas a heavyweight boxer would probably have no clue what to do if an amateur wrestling champion went for a takedown.

I think it depends on what discipline the fight took place in. Had it have been Boxing then yeah, I agree.

I would think a decent MMA fighter would take a decent boxer.

..However when you go into credentials of the fighters from each disipline it becomes a little more patchy to call.

Good mma fighter verses bad boxer/bad mma fighter verses good boxer/...bad boxer verses bad mma fighter :)