UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
What was Savio's reason for joining?

At the time, I genuinely thought he was just pissed off at having to wrestle Rocky Maivia.

I'm intrigued to know after I brought it up in this week's Impact thread (mainly so I know I wasn't chatting shit), and having a quick look on Google didn't provide any answers.

When did TNA drop the rule whereby a title can change hands on a DQ or countout rule?

Edited by LariatTom

• Paid Members

Around the same time as their debut tour of Canada IIRC... as there was a DQ in a title match without a title change there that caused uproar. Not sure of the date, it was before they lost the NWA titles though.

Edited by gadgetboy

Around the same time as their debut tour of Canada IIRC... as there was a DQ in a title match without a title change there that caused uproar. Not sure of the date, it was before they lost the NWA titles though.

Wasn't that where they re-did Montreal? If so it would be Dec 07.

I'm intrigued to know after I brought it up in this week's Impact thread (mainly so I know I wasn't chatting shit), and having a quick look on Google didn't provide any answers.

When did TNA drop the rule whereby a title can change hands on a DQ or countout rule?

It was acknowledged on TV during an impact I vaguely remember, and it was an X Division title match. If I recall, it was only after the match, when the heel disqualified retained the title that Tenay said something along the lines of the new ruling being brought in the last week.

If I remember the Canada situation correctly, I think Christian may have won the title match by DQ from Angle. Of course, the canadian crowd go wild thinking he's won the title but he hasnt. Apparently, whoever was booking that night forgot the rule that TNA had, so they changed the ruling from then on.

Edited by Sergio Bellend

Yeah, during that crap suicide angle they claimed White had been unable to referee since separating his shoulder in that Hell In The Cell match from May 2002.

The fact that he refereed Christian vs Jericho at WrestleMania XX two years later proves that was not true.

Why was Crush in the Nation of Domination?

Surely that went against their whole 'black supremacist' gimmick.

They probably just told him he was now black and he didn't dispute it - much like he suddenly became Japanese in 1993 after being the poster boy for Kona Hawaii for ages.

Yeah, during that crap suicide angle they claimed White had been unable to referee since separating his shoulder in that Hell In The Cell match from May 2002.

The fact that he refereed Christian vs Jericho at WrestleMania XX two years later proves that was not true.

Apparently, White can't hit the mat using his right arm - he tried doing it and kept dislocating his shoulder.

I can't be totally sure, but he wanted to do one more match, which was the one at WrestleMania XX, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he made all the counts using his left arm.

EDIT: That's the first I've ever fucked up the quoting system :(

Edited by freaky_jason

So, in an amazing display of good judgement my mother has apparently ordered me the Randy Orton top rop shirt for my birthday.

Which might sound awesome, but apparently she's used some website called 'wrestlingcollector.co.uk'. I've never come across them before, are they any good? ...British based, I assume? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Has she thrown

• Awards Moderator
So, in an amazing display of good judgement my mother has apparently ordered me the Randy Orton top rop shirt for my birthday.

Which might sound awesome, but apparently she's used some website called 'wrestlingcollector.co.uk'. I've never come across them before, are they any good? ...British based, I assume? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Has she thrown

• Paid Members

Anybody know which Hogan VHS release features the bit where Hogan is in the gym, FEELING THE BURN, to the background music of a very early version of Jake Roberts' 1st WWF theme? I loved that version, far better than the one he went with IMHO.

I wouldn't mind Audacity'ing it.

Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM