UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Also what comic book is the Jushin Lyger character based on?

Thanks in advance.

It was from an Anime series called, funnily enough, Jushin Liger. Look, here's the opening sequence! Liger's first ring costume was closer to the anime character.

Thanks in advance.

It was from an Anime series called, funnily enough, Jushin Liger. Look, here's the opening sequence! Liger's first ring costume was closer to the anime character.

I could be wholly wrong, but my recollection is that the anime character "evolved" from plain old Jushin Liger (which was Liger's ring name under that original gimmick) to Jushin Thunder Liger in the comics and/or TV show, with the wrestling character following suit and changing his, er, suit.

:thumbsup: . Thanks for the info guys and the video.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ozYEG9R8Sf4

There's an episode from later in the series with a new opening showing the Thunder evolution...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

I could be wholly wrong, but my recollection is that the anime character "evolved" from plain old Jushin Liger (which was Liger's ring name under that original gimmick) to Jushin Thunder Liger in the comics and/or TV show, with the wrestling character following suit and changing his, er, suit.

There's an episode from later in the series with a new opening showing the Thunder evolution...

Cool, thanks. :thumbsup: *scurries off to youtube to watch more of the show*

• Paid Members
So nobody knows where I can get spoiler free WCW and old NWA cards ?

You can go to prowrestlinghistory.com and click on The Wrestling Video Guide. It only has shows released on tape and you'll have to hunt around by catalogue number, but it's spoiler free listings.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Cool, thanks. :thumbsup: *scurries off to youtube to watch more of the show*

Following on from this are there any other examples of characters in Japanese wrestling coming Anime books/shows? I think I remember reading that Tiger Mask was, but I could be wrong. Thanks

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Awesome, didn't know the costume change was prompted by the show. Don't think much to the second music though.

EDIT - Yeah, Tiger Mask was a anime about a wrestler that was later used as a template for a real wrestlers gimmick, Black Tiger comes from the same thing. There's been a lot of different "Ranger" characters, in MPro, Hustle and others, and I'm sure groups like DDT will have used the odd anime influenced individual for short periods...Oh, and Kinnikumantaro fought an MMA match on New Year's Eve :)

Edited by Alexander

In Royal Rumble 1998 was someone actually supposed to come out at number 22 or was the number left blank just to build up the Austin entrance and win?

It was just to build up Austins entrance and win. Throughout the show various groups including the Godwinns & Los Boriquas had been hunting for Austin as he had been attacking lots of wrestlers in the build up. During the Rumble Jerry Lawler had claimed on commentary that he had heard from a reliable source that someone had attacked Austin, and it might have been Ken Shamrock. Number 22 was apparently meant to have been Skull of the DOA, who had been attacked by Los Boriquas previously as they mistook him for Austin.

• Paid Members
As this was only weeks before the WCW purchase, I would have thought Vince would have seen dropping Michaels as an obvious cost-cutting measure.

I suppose a response depends on your line of thinking. There's the case that people have suggested that Michaels had some weird psychosexual hold over McMahon.

I'd look at it rather that Vince didn't have to cut costs, and so was loyal to a man who "broke his back" for the company and, like Undertaker, was a mid-90s main-eventer that didn't flee to WCW, when there was plenty of opportunity to head there.

This is the first i've heard of this. What was the whole story?

Near enough what Dopper said.

Michaels was scheduled to appear on TV during the night of the RAW/Nitro simulcast. Hunter, Taker and others were in Vince's office to watch the show on the screen when Shawn stumbled in, totally pilled up, drooling everywhere. Taker looked at Hunter and said "Can you believe this?". Hunter tried to get Shawn out of there but Vince saw him.and told Hunter to find him and tell him he was done. Shawn cut a promo on Hunter for not sticking up for him and didn't speak to him until a year later, when he had become religious and discussed things with Nash, who directed him to talk to Hunter and apologise.

And they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Apart from Bret.

Michael Barrymore didnt live happily ever after, either. Just thought I'd throw a random name out there as you did.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Awesome, didn't know the costume change was prompted by the show. Don't think much to the second music though.

EDIT - Yeah, Tiger Mask was a anime about a wrestler that was later used as a template for a real wrestlers gimmick, Black Tiger comes from the same thing. There's been a lot of different "Ranger" characters, in MPro, Hustle and others, and I'm sure groups like DDT will have used the odd anime influenced individual for short periods...Oh, and Kinnikumantaro fought an MMA match on New Year's Eve :)

Thanks. Glad to know I didnt just imagine the Tiger Mask thing. Id forgot about the Ranger characters in Hustle as well. Thanks again :thumbsup:

So nobody knows where I can get spoiler free WCW and old NWA cards ?

You can go to prowrestlinghistory.com and click on The Wrestling Video Guide. It only has shows released on tape and you'll have to hunt around by catalogue number, but it's spoiler free listings.

Thank you.