The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members
Ta, Branquey. I'll give Kills a go and then try that Vs one.

I read Mother Russia last night. Fury is actually quite an annoying, charmless cunt in it, isn't he?

Just curious, slightly off topic, but has anyone ever banged one out to a nude in a comic or Manga, back in the day? Like Chun Li in Street Fighter 2 The Animated Movie for example, or The Invisibles?

My mates reckon it was just me who did that, and their birds now know that I actually had a peddle to what is essentially ink and a dudes imagination and handiwork on paper/screen.

• Paid Members

I've been reading loads of the new 52 stuff recently, I was a bit dubious at first but it really is nice knowing you can grab a graphic novel of a character you know and there'll be no baggage, just a new (maybe slightly tweaked) interpretation of an established character, everyone likes a nice starting point to get into something from and comics can be really bad for that.

I actually really didn't get on with Animal Man but I loved Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E, All Star Western and Green Arrow. Aquaman's good fun too. I read one of the Superman titles and it wasn't bad but nothing amazing, The Court of Owls Batman story was great but I wasn't feeling Detective comics at all. Not read Swamp Thing or Wonder Woman yet but I'll check them out as I've heard good things and I like the characters. One I really didn't like unfortunately was the Justice League which disappoints me as I love DC hero group stories, Justice League International was cool but unfortunately it got cancelled, I hope Booster Gold crops up somewhere else as he's one of my faves.

I just found out that a new title called Justice League 3000 is coming out in a bit which excites me because it's being made by the team behind my all time favourite comic, the Justice League/International from the mid to late eighties, that was a great comic with so much humour (revisited in the 90s in "formerly known as the Justice League" and "I can't believe it's not the Justice League" I'm excited to see the creators working on something new together.

• Paid Members

I've never read Guardians of the Galaxy but with the new film coming out I'd like to. Is there a good graphic novel or starting point for the version that the film's going to be based on? (there are a couple of different versions I believe, like an old one and a reboot right?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Thought I'd have a quick look online when the next Unwritten was out since it had been a while since Volume 7 (March).

Feb 2014!! Almost a whole year.. fuck!

Anyway, I have recently been reading Preacher all the way through. The first time I read Preacher it was here and there, borrowed off people and the library and I'm not sure I ever actually read the whole thing. It's really nice to read through it properly and sequentially at a decent pace.

It has held up very well, and still manages to shock me at times. It's hilarious too, and the characters are just brilliant.

Been meaning to get hold of The Unwritten, liked the premise of it when I read about on here. Now that my work pays for my petrol I might pick it next time I go in town.

Regards the next one, Amazon have The Unwritten: Tommy Taylor And The Ship That Sank Twice up for pre-order for release on October 1st, is that the one you were referring to? Or is somekind of standalone story??

Edited by KingOfMetal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After a 3 week drought finally I can get my Batman back on.

Batman Venom

Allstar Batman & Robin vol 1

Gotham Central book one: In the Line of Duty

Superman/Batman Public Enemies

Superman/Batman Supergirl

Superman/Batman Absolute Power

Superman/Batman Vengeance

All arrived in the post today. Pretty psyched to get into Gotham Central. I remember eyeing up a issue years ago in the local comic shop and always regretted letting it go. Completely forgot it existed until stumbling on it on amazon.

• Paid Members

Batman Venom is a classic, it's really good, I just re read it a couple of weeks ago for the first time since I was about 14 and I loved it.

I've spoken before of my love for the Batman/Superman series and absolute power is so cool, it's set in a universe where Batman and Superman are raised as brothers and rule the world, who wouldn't want to read a story with that premise?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been collecting the Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection?

For some reason I completely missed it's existance until the last week or so when I stumbled over it by accident.

More to the point, if anyone has been collecting it and doesnt want their collection anymore please let me know!!

(Here's the wiki page with a list of the books in the series: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_...vel_Collection)

Edited by Ian 86