The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• Paid Members
I love those comics, and is there a more tragically funny character in Detective Soap?

There's a detective in Preacher who is a pretty similar character except even more pathetic and tragic.

Finished Alan Moore's Saga Of The Swamp Thing yesterday. It had a great ending, although I didn't care for all the alien stuff too much.

Also read volume 3 of Hitman with Green Lantern in it. It's definitely Ennis's funniest work, especially when Green Lantern doesn't have any money for his round at the pub and someone says "No wonder he didn't get into the Justice Club".

So on the agenda is: finish off Hitman, volume 3 of American Vampires and I believe a new Fables book is out now too.

Edited by LaGoosh

I started reading Fables two or three years back, via pirated scans. But there were a couple of issues missing and then I lost my way with it around the point where the Jack spinoff started. I'd like to get back into it, and Ultimate Spiderman. The death of Demonoid has knocked my comic reading for six though.

Edited by King Pitcos

Can anyone reccomend a good Street Fighter Graphic novel that would make a suitable Christmas gift?

Is there anything recent out, or something comprehensive touching on all characters rather than one? Anything like that would be very helpful.

Anything by Udon comics would be best, if you're looking for something touching on all characters then find a copy of "Round 1" or "The Ultimate Edition Volume 1" which add all the side stories from the comics and it's huge.

Is there a definitive Street Fighter comic narrative, or are they all standalone alternate universe kind of things?

All the Udon comics (but not the Mangas) are set in the same universe, everything they've made is linked together. The main storyline is in three parts, SF, SF2 and SF2 Turbo but all the single character Legends series' fit right in there with them.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
Can anyone reccomend a good Street Fighter Graphic novel that would make a suitable Christmas gift?

Is there anything recent out, or something comprehensive touching on all characters rather than one? Anything like that would be very helpful.

Anything by Udon comics would be best, if you're looking for something touching on all characters then find a copy of "Round 1" or "The Ultimate Edition Volume 1" which add all the side stories from the comics and it's huge.

The Ultimate Edition looks perfect, if hard to come by. Thank you, will see what i can find.

• Paid Members

Out of interest, what is the Street Fighter series storyline? Because Mortal Kombat has this huge and ridiculous mythology that I can see warranting a comic book but I never knew there was anything more to Street Fighter than "a bunch of people from around the world kick the shit out of eachother".

Out of interest, what is the Street Fighter series storyline? Because Mortal Kombat has this huge and ridiculous mythology that I can see warranting a comic book but I never knew there was anything more to Street Fighter than "a bunch of people from around the world kick the shit out of eachother".

The main story is a typical tale of revenge, Akuma has killed Ryu's master and now Ryu wants to avenge his death while trying not to succumb to the "Dark Hadou" which is some dark, chaotic force that Akuma embraces but also threatens to take over Ryu but there's a ton of side stories like Ryu training a young and obnoxious Sakura. Chun-Li and Guile are trying to take down M. Bison who is the leader of Shadaloo, a criminal organization which deals in bio weapons and seems to like kidnapping teenage girls and turning them into assassins.

It's not the deepest thing ever but it's fun and the artwork is bloody lovely.

Edit: They seem to be uploading the comics for free http://www.streetfightercomics.com/archive

Edited by Merzbow