Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
AvX is out in collection form next month I believe, might be worth waiting and getting that instead

 

Like I said, I'm a digital reader. Don't think they get collected digitally as quick, as I was thinking I may pick up Schism also

 

 

AvX was 12 issues and various tie in issues.

Are the tie in issues the "Infinite" issues? Just been looking on Comixology and there are 12 issues, and various numbered issues where there is, for example Issue 1 and also Issue 1: Infinite.

 

No. The tie in comics are basically Avengers and X-Men, etc. They each tell the stories from various characters' points of view.

 

The 'infinite' comics are specifically digitally-optimised, which are almost animated. It's difficult to explain, but works nicely.

 

Ah right, cheers for that. Looked earlier and there's like 28 tie-in issues

Posted

I only read the 12 issues and prologue, you'll be fine reading just those. I do have the "AvX Consequences" first couple of issues on their way to me though, heard good things.

 

By the way, Batman 13 is fucking awesome if anyone hasn't read it and has anyone else read Grant Morrion's Happy! ? Its absolutely mental.

Posted

Agreed on Batman 13. It's amazing.

 

Regarding X-Men, think I'm gonna pick up Schism and AvX tomorrow morning and go from there. Comixology doesn't seem to have the Schism Prelude though, and not sure about AvX?

  • Paid Members
Posted
I only read the 12 issues and prologue, you'll be fine reading just those. I do have the "AvX Consequences" first couple of issues on their way to me though, heard good things.

 

If you want to read any other, go for AvX Uncanny X-Men, which has been pretty good. AVOID the Avengers vs X-Men tie-in. It's just meaningless fight scenes.

 

By the way, Batman 13 is fucking awesome if anyone hasn't read it and has anyone else read Grant Morrion's Happy! ? Its absolutely mental.

 

Both are brilliant. Scott Snyder is terrifyingly good, and I'm loving his take on The Joker. I'm actually doing the mask-look for Halloween this year. And Happy was just the most fun thing I've read in a while, and easily the most interesting thing Morrison has done in ages.

Posted

I said a few months back on here how much I've been enjoying Scott Snyder's stuff, I think I've read most of his work since then. He's doing a Superman book with Jim Lee next year which has my interest.

 

I just loved how off the wall Happy! was, it where Morrison is at his best. Its only a 4 issue series at the moment, but if it keeps up the standard of the first issue hopefully there'll be more. Theres some awesome stuff on Image at the moment, EVERYONE GO READ SAGA!

Posted

I really want to get into X-Men. I picked up X-Men Season 1 at weekend and really enjoyed it. Want to get into it, but at the same time I want to get some backstory on the characters too. So not sure where to go next, and whether picking up Schism and AvX is what I want to do right now or not? Is there any sort of essential reading in anybodies opinion?

Posted

I decided to try Schism and I did enjoy it. One of the things I liked about it is I haven't read any X-Men since Grant Morrison's take and that Butterfly girl came into it, but I didn't feel lost at all. It does hit on some back story but alot of it is mentioned straight up (thanks to the decision to set part of the story in an mutant museum) and the one thing which harps back to the past without directness is the one thing almost everyone knows about the X-Men, even from watching the films.

 

Well that's my opinion on it.

Posted

if anyone wants a copy of Schism PM me and make an offer - I have a never read copy going begging. someone bought me it and i also bought it myself (bad timing!) so i have a spare...

Posted

I ended up not picking up AvX yet, and instead picked up a few collected editions that were available on the Comixology site, so I grabbed Dark Phoenix Saga, House of M, Second Coming and Messiah Complex as well as the individual Schism issues

Posted

Has anyone else been reading Skullkickers? Its a fantastic DnD style comic book thats full of comedy and the main characters being total douchebags to everyone.

Posted

Has anyone else been reading Skullkickers? Its a fantastic DnD style comic book thats full of comedy and the main characters being total douchebags to everyone.

Just checked, and Issue #0 is free on Comixology, so downloading now to check it out
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...