The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

Preacher - the book that got me into comics, and still by far the best thing I've ever read in any format. I think that's why I can't get into all that superhero shite. If I'd started with Green Lantern or Superman or whatever, I could probably enjoy them still. But when you first go to those things after Preacher, you're fucked.

• Moderators
The Book Depository - great website, often faster and cheaper than Amazon.

Whoops - just seen your edit! Enjoy, you have another fantastic 7 volumes after the one you have just found.

Well you helped me out anyway - that website has great prices (provided my shit turns up). Just ordered a couple books since you posted the link.

Cheers!

(annoyingly though, they have great prices for Walking Dead books but don't have book 5 which is the one I need next)

The Book Depository - great website, often faster and cheaper than Amazon.

Whoops - just seen your edit! Enjoy, you have another fantastic 7 volumes after the one you have just found.

yeah I got it from economic-comics.co.uk and it's been dispatched already which I'm pretty chuffed with. Hopefully it'll arrive before the postal strikes. I'll bookmark that link for future use though, looks a good site.

as for Preacher, what can I say that hasn't already here? Absolutly loving it and have a flight to New York and back coming up next month so I'll probably have it all finnished by the time I get back. It's a very addictive read.

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members
check out Marshal Law by Nemises duo Pat Mills and Kev O'Neil,

YES!!! One of the best comics ever!

Does someone want to give me a brief spoiler free overview of what the Green Lantern Blackest night storyline is? it seems massive and I'd like to get into it but I find getting into a new big storyline a bit daunting as I never know where to start. Also is it any good?

Cheers

check out Marshal Law by Nemises duo Pat Mills and Kev O'Neil,

Does someone want to give me a brief spoiler free overview of what the Green Lantern Blackest night storyline is? it seems massive and I'd like to get into it but I find getting into a new big storyline a bit daunting as I never know where to start. Also is it any good?

Cheers

Over the last couple of years, various other forces have grown up around the universe, similar in organisation to the Green Lantern Corps, based on various colours of the emotional spectrum. Sinestro has formed a yellow corps based on fear, the Star Sapphires have become a Violet force of love, there's a red rage corps, etc, etc

As they all went to war with each other over the past few months, another Corps has been secretly on the rise. The Black Corps aren't based on emotion, they're resurrected corpses of various dead characters from the DC universe, Lanterns from the various corps and lots of Earth based heroes. They're collecting emotional energy from those they kill in order to raise the mastermind behind it all.

It's not been amazing so far, but it's enjoyable enough. It's certainly action packed, but it's very mean spirited and the deaths are coming so thick and fast you know they'll be undone somehow and they're lacking impact and meaning. The best bits so far have been the GLC issues and any of the bits with Sinestro.

If you're going to pick it up, stick to the main title and the Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps books, as the three mini-series aren't essential (and not that good, really. Although the Superman one has been OK).

Edited by alexander

• Paid Members
As they all went to war with each other over the past few months, another Corps has been secretly on the rise. The Black Corps aren't based on emotion, they're resurrected corpses of various dead characters from the DC universe, Lanterns from the various corps and lots of Earth based heroes. They're collecting emotional energy from those they kill in order to raise the mastermind behind it all.

I take it that's a reference to Dark Lantern Kilowog from Green Lantern: Legacy?

I take it that's a reference to Dark Lantern Kilowog from Green Lantern: Legacy?

As far as I can tell that's not been touched on at all in Blackest Night. The Black Lanterns are zombies with power rings, basically. I'm pretty sure I've worked out who the big bad is going to be though (or at least, should be)

Whilst you're about 'lex - any idea when 9-16 of Doktor Sleepless are gonna be dropping in tpb format?

Well, issue #16 is only just out. I imagine the TPB will have a quick turn around though, as I'm pretty sure the first volume did. As I'm buying the singles I'm not paying that much attention to them, to be honest.

Hi Guys.:)

I would highly recommend getting gotham city sirens by paul dini and guillem march and streets of gotham also by Dini and dustin Ngyuen fantastic reading and great storytelling imho. I especially liked the tommy elliot story line that happened in streets of gotham dont want to say anymore dont want to spoil it for you guys but great stuff.:)

Edited by Lucha fan

Streets Of Gotham has been a good read. I like the Manhunter back ups, too.

Sirens is awful though. I don't know why they bother plotting it, they should just drop the pretense and release a book where Harley, Catwoman and Ivy bend over for 20 pages with no dialogue.