The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

soooooo it would all have to be sewn together then left out for the skin to 'sink' etc etc I can't see that being what it's made of.

It's just a very good prop.

EDIT: Steve, you have made me spit my drink twice on one page, have yourself a cookie sir.

Edited by Kookoocachu

soooooo it would all have to be sewn together then left out for the skin to 'sink' etc etc I can't see that being what it's made of.

EDIT: Steve, you have made me spit my drink twice on one page, have yourself a cookie sir.

Already have, Tesco's own Soft Chocolate Cookies. They wuz gud.

• Paid Members

I always have to squeeze the pack a tiny bit to make sure they are soft, like subway cookie soft.

• Paid Members

A thought occurs:

Y'know how in most sci-fi movies, humans are almost always portrayed as physically weaker or less imposing? In Star Trek, the Vulcans are supposed to be three times as strong as the average human, the Klingons as well, same with the Romulans. In the Aliens quadrilogy, we're pretty much at the mercy of those fuckers. Predator, forget about it. In fact, almost every sci-fi movie portrays humans as being weaker than the majority of space-faring species.

Here's my thought: if it does eventually emerge that we're not alone in the universe, what if it turned out that actually, WE'RE the boot-boys of the galactic community? So far, all the alien conspiracy stories feature aliens that are almost invariably smaller and more fragile than we are - perhaps WE'RE the hulking knuckledraggers that, a century or two in the future, Antarian merchants will be hiring as thugs to guard their spice shipments on the notorious Andromeda run from Arakis to Omicron Persiae 8?

• Paid Members

Just seen this gem in the comments on the Alien body story,

"How do we know that all extraterrestrial life doesn't consist of chicken skins stuffed with bread?"

Close the fucking internet, there's no hope from here on.

I always have to squeeze the pack a tiny bit to make sure they are soft, like subway cookie soft.

I do the same with girls tbh.

May 21st was said to be the solar maximum of this current cycle which they are basing this theory on. Thing is, the solar maximum was originally predicted as being May 21st next year, and now it's been put back to between January and May 2013. Another theorist who doesn't have a clue about space.

Either way, my money would be on Jesus. Over 2000 years of pimping his franchise and people are still throwing money at him.

I'd back Jesus too, I've seen that Southpark episode..

Has anyone seen
which has been profiled on MSN and other sites?

It's obviously a fake, but it's pretty cool nonetheless.

Is that a teaser for the new Spielberg series, I wonder? CGI looks professional.