The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

Yeah there were a couple of intervals. I thought he was a brilliant speaker and says from the outset that he doesn't really care what anyone thought.

He had the same songs playing before he came on. "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John and Boyzone's "No Matter What". Oh, and Children Of The Revolution. Every time I hear them now, I think of Cov's ex goalie. Personally I thought that a hell of a lot of what he said regarding the 9th of November attacks on the WTC was also said a few years later in Farenheit 9/11, but of course you are allowed to agree with Moore ;)

Those interested in David Icke's lectures may be interested in watching this talk by Charlie Veitch:

Charlie Veitch - Love Police Bournemouth

Gave it it's own topic but fits in nicely here.

And here's Icke talking with conviction from this past Saturday.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

The first time I've been introduced to Charlie Veitch was during that thread you posted about him. The alarm bells starting ringing when you said his humour was 'a bit like Bill Hicks' because the amount of crap comedians that have been labelled as such just because they are politically aware are many and numerous. And this guy is no different.

I've had a look at a fair amount of his stuff and first and foremost he's not funny. It's not actually easy to combine real, weighty political issues with humour and balance them to a degree that you are very funny and very informative at the same time, so admittedly he is working in a difficult field. But he still fails pretty miserably on both fronts when compared to the admittedly great likes of Hicks, Mark Thomas and possibly even Rob Newman. When you take away the fact that he isn't funny, what you are left with a slightly worryingly ranty hippy who subscribes to the usual boring barmpot theories (9/11 inside job, we're killing babies in Afghanistan, and so on) and brings absolutely nothing of any note or interest to the table. In other words, he's rubbish.

If you're really interested, that's because

1) Richard Carr sold the Opera House, and he ran Slinky

2) The Opera House is a firetrap and may even have been condemned

3) Richard Carr is a massive criminal and was hounded out of the Bournemouth area by local authorities

4) Slinkys was pretty shit by the end

• Paid Members

This is good for a laugh. There are a couple of videos on YouTube suggesting that BBC children's programme Waybuloo is part of a New World Order conspiracy on the part of the Beeb to brainwash children into new age practices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTvWF_AzLQ&feature=fvsr

Looks like the type of horseshit that Duane would believe.

• Paid Members
This is good for a laugh. There are a couple of videos on YouTube suggesting that BBC children's programme Waybuloo is part of a New World Order conspiracy on the part of the Beeb to brainwash children into new age practices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTvWF_AzLQ&feature=fvsr

Looks like the type of horseshit that Duane would believe.

I want to believe that purely because I hate Waybuloo so much. Awful program. Aside from the fact it's so annoying, the language (or lack of) is dreadful. It's not 'Yogo' It's YOGA, They're not 'Cheebies' they're CHILDREN. There's no way in hell I let Dyllan watch a show that thinks using language such as "Nok-tok no play with cheebies???" is acceptable.

Ugh.

Edited by Kookoocachu