The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I'm just watching the Tony Robinson thing, about mediaeval reincarnation.

It'd be interesting, if not for the terrible framing structure (Tony and his redhead assistant do investigations, terribly stilted conversations). Also, it assumes the people the doctor used to base his story of all these mediaeval people being reincarnated in 1960s Bath actually existed and weren't just made up by him, that they were telling the truth...and so on. It starts from a point where you have to accept too much, and just doesn't work. There's a good programme to be made about stuff like this, but the tone of this is all over the place.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

There are a few results on Google News for this, but one is from The Weekly World News. If The Sun are taking stuff from them, how long before fucking Batboy shows up?

edit: My mistake. Doesn't look like the story originated from the WWN, a lot of those stories are collated from other sources. Batboy is still there though.

Edited by Woyzeck

There are a few results on Google News for this, but one is from The Weekly World News. If The Sun are taking stuff from them, how long before fucking Batboy shows up?

edit: My mistake. Doesn't look like the story originated from the WWN, a lot of those stories are collated from other sources. Batboy is still there though.

The Sloth theory seems quite accurate given the comparisons between the 2 pictures.

• Paid Members

It's horrible that the kids decided to kill it. They're 14-16 years old, it looks like a giant premature mouse baby and if it's anything like a sloth it was barely moving at all. Would you really be "scared" enough to throw shit at it until it's dead? That's sad. :(

• Moderators

kramer054.jpg

"Pigman!"

But yeah, probably a bald sloth. On second thoughts though...

Are sloths mostly fur? That thing has some seriously gangly arms going on, and sloths have a way bigger structure. Unless it lost a lot of fur-mass, the arms are very skinny for a sloth.

sloth-3.jpg

It might be totally emaciated, but the belly is pretty bloated. That could be because it's been laying dead in the sun for a while. I'm discounting the "some kids killed it" thing for now. Also, Sloth's eyes are almost dead lined up with their noses, but they're not on that thing.

For the record, totally not saying "it's an alium!" but as I've said many times in this thread, the one thing I hate as much as the blind acceptance that something is definitely paranormal is the blind acceptance of a supposedly scientific explanation that doesn't really fit when you actually look at it.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Moderators
Why are there so many cryptozoological beasts in South America?

Lots of unexplored landmass?

Also the media will put any crazy old shit right there on the news. See: the flying witch scare of 2004.

I remember that. Crazy slow moving floaty thing. What was that in the end?

Nobody ever came up with a decent explanation for it. Whatever it was, probably some remote controlled balloon, it was creepy as shit.

Why are there so many cryptozoological beasts in South America?

Lots of unexplored landmass?

Also the media will put any crazy old shit right there on the news. See: the flying witch scare of 2004.

I remember that. Crazy slow moving floaty thing. What was that in the end?

Nobody ever came up with a decent explanation for it. Whatever it was, probably some remote controlled balloon, it was creepy as shit.

Any links to video or photos of it?