Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members
Firstly I thought the commentary was a bit odd, rather than being over the top as it usually is it seemed very through the motions and cliches without much feeling, especially shown in reaction to the 9-darter.

That was odd because they hadn't stopped going on about the possibility of a 9-dart'ah all tournament so you'd think they'd be more pumped when it arrived. My missus pointed out another time where someone hit 4 or 5 maximums to start the leg and they didn't even mention it because they were too busy banging on about something.

Waddell commentated using a random stupid phrase generator last night, I'm sure. It must be great to get paid good money to watch great darts while shouting "belly bust'ah, knuckle dust'ah" or whatever he comes out with.

Sid Waddell is a cunt, he's so fucking pro Taylor it annoys the fuck out of me.

Why do they have to constantly refer to him as the 15 time champion of the world, you'd never hear that done in wrestling :confused:

Every shot Phil Taylor does is the best shot ever. He hit a double 4 in a game the other day, and it was the best shot of the tournament!! What a Geordie prick.

Firstly I thought the commentary was a bit odd, rather than being over the top as it usually is it seemed very through the motions and cliches without much feeling, especially shown in reaction to the 9-darter.

That was odd because they hadn't stopped going on about the possibility of a 9-dart'ah all tournament so you'd think they'd be more pumped when it arrived. My missus pointed out another time where someone hit 4 or 5 maximums to start the leg and they didn't even mention it because they were too busy banging on about something.

Waddell commentated using a random stupid phrase generator last night, I'm sure. It must be great to get paid good money to watch great darts while shouting "belly bust'ah, knuckle dust'ah" or whatever he comes out with.

That must have been the only 9 darter I've seen in recent memory where the commentators were very sombre in calling this particular one from Lewis.

However we were very lucky to have witnessed this one in 3D and the Mardle calling of it was magnificent to say the least. That was a proper feel to it if ever I heard one. It was only when I got home and replayed it that I was amazed how poor Waddell was in doing this moment justice on normal HD. FFS it was a World Final Sidney!

He must have been pissed to have seen his mate Taylor go out to Webby in the quarters as I'm sure he hates Ady.

Also have to remember whenever they are hit the mystique of it becomes less and less so with each occurence. Four of five years ago it was the holy grail, i'm not saying they are common these days but the level and ability of the guys is getting better all the time and they are going to become more frequent; it's not THAT big a surprise anymore, is it?

I've seen Stompe hit one on a practise floor and it was just like a normal day to day happening to him, i know it's like the old addage of saying snooker players knock in 147's for fun on the practice table on a regular basis but doing it in competitive environment in front of a large audience or TV cameras is a different story.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm gonna be watching that prick Adams play in this Blue Square Lge championship final against a man who only seems to check out on 40!

Roll on the 90 average at best folks, this aint going to be a 100 average final for the prize of "the Bob Potter Open"

Which in turn begs the question.....why the F am I watching this shite!!!!

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm gonna be watching that prick Adams play in this Blue Square Lge championship final against a man who only seems to check out on 40!

What's wrong with that? :confused:

Not expecting a great standard here though, you're certainly right about that.

Quite simply a waste of darts when it comes to hitting treble numbers to check out with darts to spare. Why waste darts especially for a player who openly admits he can't count!

However, I'm liking Dean's comeback so I hope he beats Mr Croft's boot licker!

As was par for the course with the tournament this year, they all had their chances against him but Wolfie was steady for the duration of the tournament (just like last year) and everyone else faltered around him.

One of the West brothers had darts to go 2-0 up in sets but missed, John Walton won the bull off in the sudden death leg chucked in a ton but then followed that up with two throws of under 60, Martin Phillips was missing doubles galore, and Winstanley had plenty of chances.

Averages of around 90, not great, but what really gets me about Wolfie is now he is on about trying to equal Eric's three back to back World Titles. Is the guy so delusional? He plays 12 matches to win three Masters and considers himself on a par with Bob Anderson, whilst Brissy was beating the best players on the planet to win his World titles and the best players on the planet these days ply their trade in the PDC.