Official Darts Thread

Dai

In regards to Tony Fleet, the opinion over at the Stars of Darts forum, and pretty much acknowledged by Colin Murray on the afternoon coverage was that Fleet was pissed after spending too much time at the bar. Bobby George was in absolute hysterics when they were going over the game yesterday.

In regards to yesterday's matches I missed Bunting/O'Shea but saw everything else. Edward Hankerchief looked pretty comfortable against Free Willy, although I could do without the camera constantly panning to the Hankey clan in the crowd. I thoroughly enjoyed Magician Wagner against Pecker Woods, and whilst the finishing was shocking (over 100 darts thrown at a double) it was a dramatic back and forth game, including a couple of tremendous back to back bull finishes in the final leg. Chisnall again reaffirmed why he is one to keep your eye on, and was averaging in excess of 100 at one point.

Couple of games I am looking forward to tonight in Waites/Henderson and Adams/Gurney. On a final note, does anyone know much about Deta Hedman? The pros in the know backed her for the womens title before she had even qualified, but is now facing 'The Golden Girl' in the semis.

I did think Fleet was drunk, I know nerves make you miss but they don't make you lurch all over the shop like a pisshead.

Just caugh up with the Hankey game. He may not be firing on all cylinders yet, but he's got good grouping and makes a lot of this year's players look like amateurs. Plus I like his aggro with the crowd, and it gets him going.

Couple of interesting matches tonight. Gurney and Adams had a good match last year, and they have found themselves against each other yet again. Also, the big scoring Henderson plays Waites. Waites was impressive in Round One but if Henderson scores like he did in the last round, he's going to cause a few problems.

I'm not signing up to just to see one post - can you c&p it for the non-members of that board?

It is being reported that at the awards at the Dorchester, Phil Taylor and Peter Manley had a disagreement which resulted in Phil throwing a pint over Pater and then removing his jacket and offering to fight Peter, he was then restrained and/or calmed down and the players were seperated.

Sorry didnt realise you had to be a memeber to view

Anyway Manley by Armbar if the fight would have happned

Yeah, I don't understand why you have to register to view the posts, it is the same with the bdo forum.

In regards to last nights action I felt it was all pretty lackluster in the end. In the two games I was really looking forward to Gurney just didn't turn up, and it was a fairly comfortable night for Wolfie, whilst Big Hendo's doubling was poor, and although his scoring kept him in it, Scotty 2 Hotty was not really troubled. First lot of quarters tonight, and I would expect O'Shea to be too much for Wagner, and am backing Chisnall to pull the upset knocking out Sir Tedward of Hankey.

Great to hear Whitlock is in the Premier League, great for him moneywise and great for me as I'm off to the Birmingham leg of it

Superb comeback just from Dave Chisnall, came out firing on all cylinders and hitting the doubles that troubled him early on to beat Hankey 5-4. Didn't think that last leg would end. He's a man of few words but Chisnall always seems decent in the interviews.

Just a small point though. When he split the 5 to leave Double 2 was he on the walk and over the line when he hit the 1? Seemed to be half way to the board when he let go. Like i say a small point as he would have probably hit it anyway