Official Darts Thread

Dai

Wade just fell apart, couldn't hit a double at all, apart from his double 17 when he was going for single 17 of course. I'm not sure about the final tomorrow, I'd probably go for Lewis, but it could be close. This has been a really enjoyable tournament, I hope the final is a good close game as well.

• Paid Members

That was just amazing. Forget about the first match (purely because Whitlock didnt win :(), the Lewis/Wade match was just immense. At one point it was a 3 way, Wade/Lewis/Gust, which was all just hilarious. The crowd seemed dead at the end, not sure if it was because it was late, or because Lewis shut them all up.

Hamilton did show a load of class and nerve to carry on strong after the Whitlock comeback. The last/winning leg by Hamilton has to be the best leg of darts hes ever thrown.

Wade completley bottled it. He never recovered from missing the dart to win the match, then watching Lewis straight after hit the double to win the set. I think that was to make it 5-3. The next two sets were just a total mauling by Lewis, partly down to Lewis stepping up his scoring, but mostly down to Wade averaging something silly like 80. Was a great game, but wont be remembered as a classic, just down to Wade not even being competitive for the last 3 sets.

I wanted a Wade/Whitlock final so pretty dissapointed but fair play for the two comebacks.

Something else that bothers me lately with Darts on Sky is the seemingly random advert breaks. Last night Whitlock was coasting and they had a break which stopped his momentum dead and Hamilton came back. If it weren't for having to have commercials one break in the middle of a match whatever the length when the players know it's coming would be fine. It's the amount and sometimes seemingly random nature of them that bothers me, loads of times the players don't even know when one's coming which can't be good for the game. It's a bit of a stretch of a comparison but it's a bit like stopping a football team mid-attack at 17 mins and saying "we're off for a break now." It's hard to pick up where you left off and to gain any kind of momentum when you have several breaks at sometimes random points. It also affects the flow/atmosphere for the crowd/viewer too. Just something I thought had increased in the last couple of years.

Oh and have you seen most of the BDO is on ESPN this year? BBC can't even keep the sodding BDO, or perhaps don't want to.

• Paid Members
Oh and have you seen most of the BDO is on ESPN this year? BBC can't even keep the sodding BDO, or perhaps don't want to.

Little of both, I would imagine. ESPN were probably fairly keen to get their hands on some darts, and I doubt the BBC lost too much sleep over it.

Regardless what happens in the final tonight, I'm prediciting the Sky commentators will once again channel Tony Schiavone.

Sure, last night was great, as was Part vs Wade, but it seems every night in the Worlds, then the Premier League, then the Worlds again, and so on, is the Greatest Night in the History of our Sport.

did i just hear this right, "drug testing" in darts????

Yep, why do you think Kirk Shepherd doesn't feature anymore?

i had no idea it went on and it never dawned on me about kirky, been a fan since days of jocky and bullseye.

fucking crowd annoys me though

1-1

Edited by buba3d

Was that ever proven? i remember the rumours of him enjoying the colulmbian marching powder.

Testing does definetely occur though. BDO guy tested positive for weed a few years back.

Yeah, it was pretty much common knowledge on the pro scene. Of course once he got to the final he had to knock it, plus he got his 16 year old girlfriend preggers.

Was that ever proven? i remember the rumours of him enjoying the colulmbian marching powder.

Testing does definetely occur though. BDO guy tested positive for weed a few years back.

Yeah, it was pretty much common knowledge on the pro scene. Of course once he got to the final he had to knock it, plus he got his 16 year old girlfriend preggers.

He does still play though, but does not qualify for TV tourneys.

Is the prem league done on rankings or are the players just picked?

Top 4 in Rankings

4 Wild Cards