~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Number two on the way for me and the good wife. She's due in January and we're off to get our second scan at the end of the month (at which point we'll find out the sex of the baby).The countdown to sleepless nights has begun~!

• Paid Members

Thanks Zeusy.He's doing great. Walking, talking and raising hell. Starting school next year too. It seems like only yesterday I came on here and posted about his birth.Anyway, we're getting a break from him this week as he's with my family in Birmingham this week. As you say, though, you become so attached that you miss them loads when they're not around.Is Lucas your second?

Edited by MoChatra

No, Lucas is our first. Just had a week off and it was the most time I have spent with him aside from the two weeks off I had when he was born. I usually see him for 10 mins before I go to work and by the time I get back he's usually asleep so it was nice to seem him properly for 9 straight days.

• Paid Members

No, Lucas is our first. Just had a week off and it was the most time I have spent with him aside from the two weeks off I had when he was born. I usually see him for 10 mins before I go to work and by the time I get back he's usually asleep so it was nice to seem him properly for 9 straight days.

They're an absolute delight at that age. So cute, gentle and adorable. You get all warm inside after a long day at work knowing you'll be going home to that small bundle of joy. It's a good time, man. :)

It is indeed a great time. When I go in to his room in the morning when he has just woken up, his eyes gradually focus and then he sees me and gives me the biggest smile - that's all I need to see me through the day. He's only been around for 3 months but it is hard to remember a time without him!

Edited by Midnight Zeus

• Paid Members

Ok, its official. I hate my consultant. Last time she was very abrupt, waving me off and i was under the impression that she thought that i was asking for something to be done, there and then. She glanced over my notes, looked at me dissaprovingly and said in a really shitty voice, "Well, you cant have the baby yet!"Yes well done. Im not here to have the freaking baby, im here to register with a consultant that im in agony with my hips.This time was much the same. I had alot to say about the pains i've been having latley (period pains and shooting stabbing pains) but all she was interested in was telling me that it was still too early to deliver.Ok, so theres not much they can do for me now, but i would have thought that perhaps a growth scan in a couple of weeks time would be a good idea as it could reveal that he is measuring at just about to pop so to speak.She gave me an induction date, which i will have an asessment for whether or not i need a c-section or can have a normal induction and then providing theres bed space i go in that day.Now, she can see by my notes that i am measuring ahead so wouldnt it have been better to see me a little earlier just to check?Because myself, my midwives and my sonographer have all said that i probably wont make it to 38 weeks.And then she had the nerve to question the fact that im seeing my midwife next week. Apparently i dont need to see a midwife so often. Surley the decision is between my midwife and myself?I feel very let down. Its not like i can ask to see a different consultant, as there is only the one. The joys of living on an island.Oh and we've just discovered that Matt doesnt qualify for paternity leave.wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Paid Members

You're having period pains? :confused: And why doesn't he get paternity leave? Doesn't everyone qualify these days?

Yup, the same sort of pain in the same sort of area.His job is seasonal and he started a couple of weeks after the cut of date to qualify, Hes going to have to take holiday which is a day and a half for every month hes worked there.Hes only worked there for 6 months. thats 9 days. Its shit.

• Paid Members

It is indeed a great time. When I go in to his room in the morning when he has just woken up, his eyes gradually fogs and then he sees me and gives me the biggest smile - that's all I need to see me through the day. He's only been around for 3 months but it is hard to remember a time without him!

There is nothing better than a babies smile. It is 100% genuine.

Safe to say after my trip to Haven the other week I hate kids now more than ever before... even more so the parents who shout at their kids in public leaving you wondering why they bothered having 'em in the first place since they blatantly hate them.MAT your consultants sounds like a bitch. Request that she be your birthing partner then you can slap her about at random intervals and blame it on the pain and if you have a c-section well... just slap her anyway :D

Edited by Lexx

I had a great time at Haven in Poole a few years back before moving down here from Surrey. Got a cheap deal as before summer holidays, there was good entertainment for the kids, we saw wrestling too! My son was still at nursery then so we got there before the busy period which is probably best time to go if you can.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I'm under the impression that alot of parents think that as theyre on holiday they can get away with god awful parenting and see it allmost as the holiday destinations problem.Also, some of them look like their hoidays are being ruined by their own kids. If having a holiday with your partner and resting etc is that important to them, why bring them in the first place? if they were that desperate to get away from them surley they could have found someone to look after them for a few days. If not, you should just suck it up and make the best of it right?

• Paid Members

I'm under the impression that alot of parents think that as theyre on holiday they can get away with god awful parenting and see it allmost as the holiday destinations problem.Also, some of them look like their hoidays are being ruined by their own kids. If having a holiday with your partner and resting etc is that important to them, why bring them in the first place? if they were that desperate to get away from them surley they could have found someone to look after them for a few days. If not, you should just suck it up and make the best of it right?

Yeah, or you could just do what the McCann's did.