~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

No, Lucas is our first. Just had a week off and it was the most time I have spent with him aside from the two weeks off I had when he was born. I usually see him for 10 mins before I go to work and by the time I get back he's usually asleep so it was nice to seem him properly for 9 straight days.

They're an absolute delight at that age. So cute, gentle and adorable. You get all warm inside after a long day at work knowing you'll be going home to that small bundle of joy. It's a good time, man. :)
Couldn't agree more. My little girl is coming up three in a couple of months. Can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

I'm under the impression that alot of parents think that as theyre on holiday they can get away with god awful parenting and see it allmost as the holiday destinations problem.Also, some of them look like their hoidays are being ruined by their own kids. If having a holiday with your partner and resting etc is that important to them, why bring them in the first place? if they were that desperate to get away from them surley they could have found someone to look after them for a few days. If not, you should just suck it up and make the best of it right?

Agree with that. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to bring kids into the world. Edited by Phil Lowe

Nah. I can kinda understand not wanting kids yourself, but seeing my nephew every few weeks is one of the real highlights of my life just now. He's just unbelievably good to be around. It'd probably be different if he was a gurning little shit, but he's just so damn smiley and cute... :D

My wife is due to give birth to our first child Sept 30th. We had our first ante natal class on Thursday, none of the stuff is sinking in! I feel just as clueless now as I did 7 months ago! I am worried that I am gonna be fucking useless when It all starts happening! Its fair to say that I am a nervous wreck.Also - our midwife is a Milf. So its not all bad!

My wife is due to give birth to our first child Sept 30th. We had our first ante natal class on Thursday, none of the stuff is sinking in! I feel just as clueless now as I did 7 months ago! I am worried that I am gonna be fucking useless when It all starts happening! Its fair to say that I am a nervous wreck.Also - our midwife is a Milf. So its not all bad!

so if the baby is ugly you can always run off with the midwife and pretend her kid is yours. (ifthat kid is better loking that is) Great one. :thumbsup:

My due dates sept 29th!but being induced on the 16th if i get that far :(

What are the chances of you giving birth the same day as your induced? It'd be pretty cool if he was born on the 16th as thats my birthday tooCherry, xxx

• Paid Members

It will all depend on 'The Book' and if i havent given birth by then obviously lol'The Book' is a book ( ;) ) at the hospital that is the inducution/cesearean diary. If there is no space for that day it is deferred, or if im considered priority i kick someone off the list lol. But my appt that day is at 9am so hopefully chances are that the day wont be fully booked.If it becomes an emergency however then i could be transferred to Southampton which is quite an adventure!My other halfs birthday is the 7th so hes hoping i pop then :)

My due dates sept 29th!but being induced on the 16th if i get that far :(

What are the chances of you giving birth the same day as your induced? It'd be pretty cool if he was born on the 16th as thats my birthday tooCherry, xxx
Same as my son Oliver :cool: Edited by Dynamite Duane

Here's a bit of advice I was given, and has been agreed as correct by most of the people I know who have given birth, including my sister in law, and my better half.

When the expectant mum wants to physically kill every fucking bastard in the room, then it's time to hold her hand and prepare yourself for some screaming.

As a Dad of 3 little ones, and with number 4 due early October, my advice is, mop brows, rub backs, and hold hands as much as possible, words of encouragement should come thick and fast too. Of course if the mrs needs some help you could be there for her too. :laugh:

Here's a bit of advice I was given, and has been agreed as correct by most of the people I know who have given birth, including my sister in law, and my better half.

When the expectant mum wants to physically kill every fucking bastard in the room, then it's time to hold her hand and prepare yourself for some screaming.

As a Dad of 3 little ones, and with number 4 due early October, my advice is, mop brows, rub backs, and hold hands as much as possible, words of encouragement should come thick and fast too. Of course if the mrs needs some help you could be there for her too. :laugh:
Thanks for the advice! everyone always says "so, what end are you gonna be?" my reply is always "the vending machine end, you know, down the end of the corridor." However, I shall do my very best in the mopping, rubbing and hand holding role. This weeks Ante Natal class covers ripping and tearing. Dear lord... Edited by bobby dazzler

• 4 weeks later...