All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

Sorry but there is no comparison with feds like GPW and allstar, the fuel prices, Vat, price of bringing in talent from abroad warrant the prices Allstar charge, GPW and many others are regionalised allstar do thousands of miles every year their overheads are massive. If you check other sports and entertainment wrestling is still a cheap night out imo. We at WAW have had to hike our prices this year but have a membership scheme to help our regulars.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the top promotions such as Premier, All Star, WAW etc who have been around for a very long time do provide a certain quality of wrestler that is normally and rightfully considered top notch. Yes they may not try to emulate the US indys and interact with the crowed more but even I love that on a live show more than none at all.

Any other decent family entertainment will usually cost you the same if not more, especially with the overheads these days

To be honest I find those prices now only just in line with companies such as IPWUK FWA etc who target the net fans and have been charging 12.50 for 3-5 years anyway. if not more, for sometimes in the past a bigger gamble on what your going to get

Results from tonights show in Hull.

Frankie Sloane pinned Sykes

Drew McDonald beat Justin Starr [who I haven't seen for about 5 years and didn't recognise with his new, shorter hair]

El Ligero pinned Joe Legend in the best match of the night IMO.

Tony Spitfire beat youngster Davey Jones who, at least from where I was sat, was the double of a teenage Dynamite Kid, right down to the haircut and facial features.

Local lads [who were over HUGE!!] Nathan Cruz and Ewen Colossus beat Phil Powers and Barbarian Karl Kramer.

Fun night, as always, from Dixon's crew.

Drew McDonald beat Justin Starr [who I haven't seen for about 5 years and didn't recognise with his new, shorter hair]

Tony Spitfire beat youngster Davey Jones who, at least from where I was sat, was the double of a teenage Dynamite Kid, right down to the haircut and facial features.

Local lads [who were over HUGE!!] Nathan Cruz and Ewen Colossus beat Phil Powers and Barbarian Karl Kramer.

Thought this show was very average? The crowd was well down on last time ( New ticket prices?). To pick a "Best match" is a little pointless IMO, as Dixon"s employees only ever seem to work as hard as they get paid. Also, very rarely do i agree with his match-ups/booking?

The Ligero/Joe may have been the "Best Match", but it was a bit botchy & Legend really seems to be struggling with his knee brace?

The twats on the door nabbed my beer!!!!

As Ricky said earlier in the post. Theres no comparing the likes of All Star and GPW. All Star travel up and down the country, and work stellar dates. They use American names/former WWE talent (one yerar I was chuffed just to see Doug Basham) musclebound lads with a great look (Mason Ryan/Andy Baker/Awesome Arora) and have the trusted lads who can knock out decent matches and wont put a foot wrong (Allmark/Spitfire/Kid Cool/Ringo Ryan) GPW probably doesnt run outside Wigan (or wherever it is) and still perseveres with skinny shitarses like Jack Dixon and Luke off Big Brother.

Furthermore, earlier in the year I received 2-for-1 vouchers for my All Star tix as I'm a regular, cant whack it man.

As Ricky said earlier in the post. Theres no comparing the likes of All Star and GPW. All Star travel up and down the country, and work stellar dates. They use American names/former WWE talent (one yerar I was chuffed just to see Doug Basham) musclebound lads with a great look (Mason Ryan/Andy Baker/Awesome Arora) and have the trusted lads who can knock out decent matches and wont put a foot wrong (Allmark/Spitfire/Kid Cool/Ringo Ryan) GPW probably doesnt run outside Wigan (or wherever it is) and still perseveres with skinny shitarses like Jack Dixon and Luke off Big Brother.

Furthermore, earlier in the year I received 2-for-1 vouchers for my All Star tix as I'm a regular, cant whack it man.

While I do agree with what Knightmare said I did want to address this post above...

1) Yes, GPW is based in Wigan, it has a great venue, the Monaco Ballroom which is easily accessible by bus and by car and is right near the train station. Plus its a venue thats regularly used by wellknown comedians such as Dave Spikey..

2) I've never heard of a "Jack Dixon" much more seen anyone of that name on a GPW show. I think and I'm sure the fans would agree that there are no wrestlers currently on the GPW roster nor have there EVER been that anyone would put on a "shitarse" list.

3) Nothing wrong with a celebrity endorsement now and again though I should point out that Luke off Big Brother last appeared on a GPW show in September 2009!

Thought this show was very average? The crowd was well down on last time ( New ticket prices?). To pick a "Best match" is a little pointless IMO, as Dixon"s employees only ever seem to work as hard as they get paid. Also, very rarely do i agree with his match-ups/booking?

The Ligero/Joe may have been the "Best Match", but it was a bit botchy & Legend really seems to be struggling with his knee brace?

While I do agree with what Knightmare said I did want to address this post above...

1) Yes, GPW is based in Wigan, it has a great venue, the Monaco Ballroom which is easily accessible by bus and by car and is right near the train station. Plus its a venue thats regularly used by wellknown comedians such as Dave Spikey..

2) I've never heard of a "Jack Dixon" much more seen anyone of that name on a GPW show. I think and I'm sure the fans would agree that there are no wrestlers currently on the GPW roster nor have there EVER been that anyone would put on a "shitarse" list.

3) Nothing wrong with a celebrity endorsement now and again though I should point out that Luke off Big Brother last appeared on a GPW show in September 2009!

I think GPW was just used as an example of a local promotion and that there are lower expences involved in putting on a local show. GPW has stayed in business for quite a few years from what I remember, so you are obviously doing something right :cool:

Hanley 26/3

Josh Faulkner Vs Nathan Cruz

Nathan Cruz Won Via Figure Four Leg Lock

Lady Lori Vs Lisa Fury

Lady Lori won Via Reversing a crossbody

Tony spitfire vs kade collosus

Collosus wins Via Knockout

Dean Allmark Vs El Ligero

Great Match

Dean Almark Won Via Back Slide

James Mason Vs Lord Robin

No contest

Next show - rockstar spud , thunder , frankie sloan , robbie brookside , little legs

what was your overall opinion on the Hanley show??

i felt the crowd could have been vocal - but the attendance was well done

from other previous Victoria halls shows

i really enjoyed the second half of the show

your comments ,please

Lady Lori Vs Lisa Fury

Great Match

No contest

Next show - rockstar spud , thunder , frankie sloan , robbie brookside , little legs

ops ##### shold have read attendance well down from revious shows

Lady Lori Vs Lisa Fury

Great Match

No contest

Archived