All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

Somebody posted this report over at another forum:

Yeah, my son is turning 7 on Monday, and apparently he likes to watch Wrestling in his Mum's house (he never asks me if he can watch any, despite the fact that there's shitloads around here). And All-Star (or American Superslam Wrestling as they were promoting it as) were doing a show at the Vicky Hall*, so I took him, not knowing what to expect. It was OK... we had the World's most annoying smark sitting behind us trying to start duelling chants with his little brother. He was like 9 years old, which made it worse. Apparently John Cena sucks, I'd never heard that before. And he wasn't even at the show.

First match, England vs USA, with the USA being represented by Chad Collyer, and the UK by Seconds Out** Tony Spitfire. The kid behind kept chanting USA - he appeared to think Collyer's name was USA, which it wasn't. Decent match - Spitfire is apparently pretty green, but if he is, Collyer did a well smart job of hiding it. Collyer won by blocking a sunset flip an holding the ropes on the cradle.

Second match, El Ligero vs Carl Cool. Ligero was announced as being Mexican, which he probably was. He looked Mexican, he had a mask on and everything. He was supposed to be the great highflyer, and he did pull out a bunch of aerial spots. But then Cool managed to do a 450 to nowhere, in the run-up to Ligero's great top rope finisher - a Splash. Not even a Frog Splash, just a straight one. I was expecting an SSP or something, considering that spots are supposed to escalate through the night.

Third match, FCA for the World or possibly British title, Deano vs the Ring Destroyer (he had a three stage ring name, and that's the bit I remembered. He had a regular first name last name name as well). Deano was a good looking boy (and apparently local) but he had the physique of a guy who never works out ever. Not fat, but with skinny arms and narrow shoulders. The ring destroyer was a fat guy though. They went all over, bouncing each other off the walls and that, and did loads of finishers in the final stretch. Ring destroyer kicked out of a Tornado DDT, a Moonsault, and a Superkick. Deano did a dive off the balcony onto the stage (which was about 8 feet of height) for a near fall. Then he did a run along the stage and jump off a chair for a near fall. Then Destroyer sort of did a Tombstone on the stage (he protected him a little bit too much for it to look painful) for a near fall. They went back in the ring, Destroyer tried to use the belt but Deano ducked, then Superkicked it into his face for the pin. That should have been the main event.

Then there was the intermission. The ring announcer told us about all the merch they had on sale - WWE action figures and Rey & Sin Cara masks. But she did get to say here's Wade Barrett's action figure, he used to wrestle in this building for this promotion when he was called Stu Sanders. So there's that. They did have event programmes and backstage passes as well, but the main merch was WWE.

Fourth match, Drew McDonald vs the Battling Barbarian. Two fat guys working headlocks for 18 minutes, basically. Barbarian got DQed in the end, for hitting McDonald with his studded wristbands. Then McDonald asked him if they wanted a restart, and they announced five more minutes. Everyone stood around for a bit, and Barbarian wouldn't get back in the ring. So instead they set up a Streetfight for the next show in February***. "Tables, Ladders, Chairs, anything you want, Last Man Standing yeah?". So there's some sort of stipulation, anyway.

Main event, Tag team match, the Ritchie Brothers vs the Prima Donnas (Mikey Whiplash and Nathan Cruz). They didn't go right to the MCMG/GenMe style, they spent a lot of time working armdrags and armbars and stuff first. It did turn into a bit of a tribute to Hardyz in the end though. The Prima Donnas won, Whiplash gave one of the Ritchies a Stun Gun while Cruz spiked it with that apron Enzuigiri James Storm does - then Whiplash cradles him while Cruz leans through the ropes with his feet on his partner's ass for the extra leverage. So the heels won to send the fans home unhappy... they had been selling backstage meet n greet packages, but the littlun was up past his bedtime, so we went home instead. He seemed pleased with his night's entertainment, but he was too tired to express any enthusiasm about it. I'll ask him tomorrow.

* The Victoria Hall, Hanley, Stoke on Trent

** He has the World of Sport S logo and Seconds Out tattooed on his arm. I liked that.

*** They couldn't get any dates on the building until then, apparently.

Dave Mastiff is his name yes he is big but he is ONE of the best in the UK

Did these 2 have longish hair ??? if so i think they were the Hunter brothers!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spitfire is about as green as Ligero, he has been working for the best part of a decade and I have watched him since 2003 and he didn't look green then, not sure who was feeding this guy that info, he has worked full time alone for 2-3 years

• 1 month later...

Archived