Photo

Ken Barlow slipped his giggle stick into a load of women ...

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 WWFChilli

WWFChilli

Mid Carder

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Turns out to be a misleading headline too :-(

Bill, the only original cast member from the first episode in 1960, initially admitted he had slept with “more than 100” women.

But when pushed about whether the real figure was nearer 1,000, he replied: “Well, I’m not denying it.”

SWERVE~

#17 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Misleading headline in a British tabloid? Well now I don’t know what to believe.

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#18 Stone Cold Jane Austen

Stone Cold Jane Austen

Backyarder

• Account Disabled
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

http://www.mirror.co...ow-actor-762096

His insatiable appetite earned him the nickname “C**k Roache” among other members of the cast.

That's absolutely amazing.

Posted Image

TEAM BRING IT

#19 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

Are you one of the 1,000? If so, ring us for free on 0800 282 591

Come on, own up.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#20 JNLister

JNLister

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,305 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

The guy's about to turn 80. I suspect many of his conquests are no longer with us.
New: Pro Wrestling Books Blog - A-Z list of reviews at http://www.prowrestl....com/reviews-z/

My books (Turning The Tables: The Story of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Greetings Grapple Fans and Slamthology) at Amazon.

My professional site: John Lister Writing

#21 The Maestro

The Maestro

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

That "Cock Roache" nickname is possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard. What a hero. I don't think that I'll be ever able to watch a scene on Corrie with Ken quite the same again. Like how I always think of Steve McFadden dogging whilst dressed as a pirate and doing a Scottish accent everytime I see Phil on Eastenders.
Posted Image

#22 BiffingtonClyro

BiffingtonClyro

Card Filler

• Account Disabled
  • PipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

That "Cock Roache" nickname is possibly the greatest thing I've ever heard. What a hero. I don't think that I'll be ever able to watch a scene on Corrie with Ken quite the same again. Like how I always think of Steve McFadden dogging whilst dressed as a pirate and doing a Scottish accent everytime I see Phil on Eastenders.

Bristolian accent surely?

#23 DeanoTheGame

DeanoTheGame

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Barlow's putting on another acting masterclass in Corrie right now. Peter Barlow has just turned himself in for murder and Ken isn't arsed at all, delivering his lines with trademark Barlow boredom.

#24 Stone Cold Jane Austen

Stone Cold Jane Austen

Backyarder

• Account Disabled
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Seriously, I've been laughing all day at Cock Roache. I don't care if the rest of the story is a lie, please let that be true.

Posted Image

TEAM BRING IT

#25 Vipes

Vipes

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

Barlow's putting on another acting masterclass in Corrie right now. Peter Barlow has just turned himself in for murder and Ken isn't arsed at all, delivering his lines with trademark Barlow boredom.

Too busy thinking about how many lasses he was going to bed that evening probably.

#26 BionicRedneck

BionicRedneck

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

After reading this article, I've learnt that there is a Bill "The Cock" Roache board game called 'Libel'

Posted Image

According to the product description:

Devised by William Roache after he sued the Sun for printing a defamatory article about his portrayal of Ken Barlow. The game 'guides players through the quicksand of assembling a full team of legal advisers in order to proceed to a full trial'. An entertaining and educational game for all the family to enjoy.

Sounds like a riot. Anyone got it?

#27 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I had never even heard of this guy until this news story broke, but it's rather tremendous.
Noted fantasist and indoor sunglasses wearer.

#28 PowerButchi

PowerButchi

Good Arrows! UKFF Humour Champion 2009

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,350 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Everyone's heard of Bill Roache!

Ken Barlow - Master of emotion

Posted Image

#29 ozzfan

ozzfan

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

After reading this article, I've learnt that there is a Bill "The Cock" Roache board game called 'Libel'

How can you post a link to that Marina Hyde article and not mention the phrase "...the Nikki Sixx of the cobbles."? Amazing.

I love Marina Hyde. It's hard to believe that she used to have regular, consensual sex with Piers Morgan.

#30 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Everyone's heard of Bill Roache!

Ken Barlow - Master of emotion

Haha... "oh no..." nice vid, and some serious acting chops.

I think now seems as good a time as any to mention that I don't think I have known who any of the people you have referenced in a post are, ever, unless it was a Seinfeld reference.

Edited by Chest Rockwell, 16 March 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Noted fantasist and indoor sunglasses wearer.