General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

My problem with Di Caprio in the Great Gatsby is that he's not Jon Hamm. Di Caprio's good, it'll take more than him being a good actor for him to pull off Rasputin though.

Thank you! I said exactly this to my wife when we saw Great Gatsby. Hamm would have been great for this part.I know that Hamm is only 5 years older than Toby Maguire, but Maguire doesn't seem to have aged since The Cider House Rules and could easily pass as the naive youngster manipulated by Gatsby

• Paid Members

Bears, Barrels, Spiders, Kate from Lost and Benedict Cumberdragon. Another billion dollars wouldn't surprise me
Even the trailer was too long; fucking hell.Is it just me or did some of the green screenery look really obvious and shit in that trailer?
They didn't actually finish the first Hobbit film till the week before its release so I wouldnt be surprised if they were using unfinished shots in the trailerCan't wait for the Partridge movie. I'm more excited for that then Jobs is for Superman

Jesus, looking at that trailer, the padding in this one is going to be huge. And yet - no sign of Beorn that I could see. Just lots of Elves talking :(This absolutely should have been just 2 films. Jackson suffers terribly from having no censor, nobody to rein him in or edit him.Also, re: Partridge - he's got younger! The Partridge in the film is younger than the one who was in Knowing Me, Knowing You. Bit strange.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Given that the whole '30 frames per second' experience was widely panned are they still going to release the other 2 Hobbit films in this format or will it be forgotten?

They were all filmed at the same time and cinemas had to pay to upgrade their equipment so i should imagine they'll stick with it

Jesus, looking at that trailer, the padding in this one is going to be huge. And yet - no sign of Beorn that I could see. Just lots of Elves talking :(This absolutely should have been just 2 films. Jackson suffers terribly from having no censor, nobody to rein him in or edit him.Also, re: Partridge - he's got younger! The Partridge in the film is younger than the one who was in Knowing Me, Knowing You. Bit strange.

Well the big barrel set piece at the start of the next film is the original ending to An Unexpected Journey so go knows how much padding they had to add to make 3 films out of it.Oh and Partridges hair makes him look younger and weird, Have they done anything to make him look older?

This must have come up on here without me noticing but first trailer when seeing the iceman today i got

How and why are the more obvious questions but it looks better than the Keith Lemon movie anyway which i know isn't saying much

Edited by iamtheman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Looks more 90s Straight to video thriller and less action packed than I expected but I'm still looking forward to it. Interesting supporting cast, Vincent D'Onofrio's good and I like Jim Caviezel for some reason. Not sure about 50 Cent at all though and Vinnie Jones in in it too :crazy:

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs

Terminator 5 to be the first in a 'reboot trilogy'

The latest instalment in the Terminator franchise will be the first in a stand-alone "rebooted" trilogy.

Paramount Pictures said the fifth Terminator film, based on the original series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, is due to be released in June 2015.

There was no official confirmation on who would direct or star in the forthcoming film.

However Schwarzenegger revealed earlier this month he would be returning to the role that made him a household name.

Speaking at an event in Sydney, Australia, the former governor of California said: "I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star as the Terminator, which we start shooting in January."

Schwarzenegger starred in the first three Terminator films - released in 1984, 1991 and 2003 - which grossed more than $1bn (

• Paid Members

Thanks for posting that. Safe to say i really like the look of that. I'm not even concerned if it's plot driven, both those guys fucking ooze charisma on screen. I can't wait.

I'm hoping this gets the Leicester Square premier treatment, as i've decided it's probably the last chance i'll have of getting to see both men and planning a full on three day camp out to make sure i bloody well do.