General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 4 weeks later...

A good day to Die Hard to be rated 12A

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Obviously, a 12A certificate isn't an indiciation of the film's quality, and nor does swearing and violence suddenly turn a film into something special. Sadly though, there was a real sense with the last Die Hard movie that it had been neutered somewhat to fit a family friendly rating. And while the UK release of A Good Day To Die Hard has been passed uncut (as in, the BBFC hasn't insisted on cuts) - with a running time of 97 minutes 33 seconds (it's the shortest film in the series by far) - you can't help but fear that the edges have been knocked off again, just to get more bums on seats.

You want proof? Here's the BBFC's extended note: "The film contains four uses of strong language ('f**k') and a partial use of

Edited by iamtheman

Just added to the bbfc website it turns out they have cut it

This work was originally seen for advice in an unfinished form. The company was advised that the film was likely to receive a '15' certificate but that their preferred '12A' classification could be achieved by making a number of cuts to both language and visuals. When the finished version of the film was submitted for formal classification, edits had been made to reduce the number of uses of strong language (both 'f**k' and 'motherf***er') and to reduce sequences of bloody violence, including blood sprays when characters are shot in the head, and punches to restrained individuals. The formal submission was consequently rated '12A'.

We are getting a softer version than the one in the US which is terrible anyway you look at it

Edited by iamtheman

I know age group doesn't mean much as they have became less strict over the years and it won't make any difference to the plot. But I was hoping for the new Die Hard to be at least a 15. When growing up Die Hard 1+2 were films my parents didn't want me to see and when finally seeing them when I was about 12 it felt like a massive deal watching them. It was one of those forbidden films to watch in my house. I just find it mental that you can take kids to see the films. Are they assuming kids have seen the previous installments? Then you have the argument of the films reaching a wider audience with the lower age.

Still I hope the plot it alright. I would have preferred to see the film be at least a 15