General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
This isn't an upcoming movie, but it's a making of all the same, and it'll break your heart.

Aborted make-up test for Raimi's Green Goblin

The shitty robot space lizard Power Ranger look of the Goblin was the one sticking point of the Spidey film for me. I was dying to see, well, this :(

I'm crying inside. Why the fuck did they not use this?

• Paid Members
This isn't an upcoming movie, but it's a making of all the same, and it'll break your heart.

The shitty robot space lizard Power Ranger look of the Goblin was the one sticking point of the Spidey film for me. I was dying to see, well, this :(

:(

Thats amazing. The hat is shit but it couldnt be any more faithful to the comics

Thats amazing. The hat is shit but it couldnt be any more faithful to the comics

The new Thing film annoyed me with the CGI and theres a video those guys posted which shows most of the CGI was done as Practical effects but they changed them in the end... :(

• Paid Members
I can't post it because I at work but youtube the trailer for a movie called The Raid.

It looks like the most badass fun and gripping action film in years, and all reports/reviews are saying it's exactly that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

There you go. Potentially NSFW (Violence)

Also here's the Indonesian version (Slightly different but still violence NSFW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1COoON-DX2Q

Must_Watch_Red_Band_Trailer_For_Indonesian_Film_The_Raid_1315596626.jpg

Edited by Snake Plissken

• Paid Members

Don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere else (probably not because I doubt anyone would be interested) but I've just heard Chopping Mall is set for a remake. Seriously who finances these films? I'm a fan of horrifically bad movies as much as the next guy, but there is a certain kitsch-ness of the original films that seem to just get lost in their modern counterparts.

Here's the trailer for the original, probably NSFW (exploding head)

The new Thing film annoyed me with the CGI and theres a video those guys posted which shows most of the CGI was done as Practical effects but they changed them in the end... :(

No they used practical effects and enhanced them with CGI, the tentacles etc, it all got used. Film only had a 10 million budget, they did what they could. Using no CGI wouldn't improve anything really, it'd take longer to film and cost more I'm guessing.

• Awards Moderator

The Hobbitlooks fantastic and still another year to make it look better

I shrieked with unabashed excitement several times watching that. Completely hyped. Took me right back to being 14/15 and watching the Two Towers trailer on repeat. It does look fantastic - bring on next December.Is there a site that tells you which films trailers are attached to? To see The Hobbit trailer, and the new Dark Knight Rises trailer, on the big screen, would be pretty good stuff.